Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: And Texas Caves In
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next
westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 09:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

free radical wrote:

Lantley wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Those with underlying health concerns you know who you and they are. Keep them isolated til this blows over.

Simple as that as those are the ones actually dying.

So far we haven't managed to do that very well. Lots of people dying in nursing homes.

I suspect the reason is,those places dont get any fresh air especialy in winter,just keep recirculating stale air full of viruses.

One person gets sick and many others catch it too.

Same thing hapened on those Cruise ships.

All AC ducts are conected,just like in the house heating systems.

one of my friends likes to go on cruise w his wife and he always complains how bad the air is in the cabin,
the air conditioners must have some mold growing in the ducts most likely

"Lots" of people dying in nursing homes is because lots of people in nursing homes are elderly and/or have underlying medical conditions which are exactly this virus' targets. Also, the ones with large death rates are the only ones making the news so it creates observation bias. My question is how many nursing homes are doing just fine with the proper precautions?
Before COVID the average stay in a nursing home, not counting those in the home for recovery care for things like a hip replacement, is less than 3 years. Since long term nursing care residents don't generally recover and return home that means 1/3 of nursing home residents die each year COVID not withstanding. They are the one of the most likely places for people to die, probably only trailing Hospice facilities.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

1/3 of nursing home residents die each year COVID not withstanding. They are the one of the most likely places for people to die, probably only trailing Hospice facilities.

What's your point? That we give them a little push with the virus and shorten their stay from three years to two?

Those that advocate rocking and rolling ignore the fact that young rock and rollers can give the disease to their loving parents and grandparents, without even knowing that they are carriers. And I love Rock and Roll,

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am reminded by some of the tough comments of the Eskimo tribe that sets its elders adrift on a ice float when they no longer contribute much to the community. Freezing to death may actually be less painful than choking to death from Covid-19.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 10:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Epidemiologist: Coronavirus could be ‘exterminated’ if lockdowns were lifted

Good read. And from an epidemiologist too.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 10:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone have any idea how many would die without social distancing and things running wide open like it's 1999?

I suppose the solution to have balance lies somewhere between Wuhan and Sweden modeling.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 10:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

Yeah..one has to wonder when these types will wake up to that fact.

We have the the me generation and now the its my rights generation that can't comprehend how their choosing to gamble life style affects us all.
Per CDC.... 3-7-'20 there were 20 COVID-19 deaths.
4-19-'20 there has been 40000 COVID-19 deaths in the USA.

If the dead had a wish it would probably be I wish I had stayed home....or I wish others had just stayed home.
How many Covid 19 deaths would have been discovered if there had been lots of tests available to all parts of the country? How many tests did they do on 2-7-'20? That's just not a meaningful statistic. Who know how many people would have tested positive in November/December, now that they're saying it could have been around back in September. How many deaths were blamed on the seasonal flu when, in fact, it was something else? Or vice versa?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 10:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ExxWhy wrote:

UV might not be so good for the patrons.
I believe the UV is within the air ducting. You will never see it.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

The interview was done on 4/1/20 and his "numbers" are way low compared to our actual reality on 4/19/20. And he has the audacity to call his "numbers" science as well as comparing someone in a position of authority that has to prepare the federal govt for reality to somebody with no actual responsibility except to promote himself.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 10:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cptqueeg wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

The interview was done on 4/1/20 and his "numbers" are way low compared to our actual reality on 4/19/20. And he has the audacity to call his "numbers" science as well as comparing someone in a position of authority that has to prepare the federal govt for reality to somebody with no actual responsibility except to promote himself.

How long have you been an epidemiologist? I think I will trust an Epidemiologists opinion over an RV.neter's opinion. But that's just my opinion. [emoticon]

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 10:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This Epidemiologist says the pandemic is just getting started....

The coronavirus pandemic is not even close to being over, an associate professor of epidemiology and infectious diseases at Harvard cautioned in a new editorial published by The Guardian this week.

“The pandemic is only just getting started,” said Hanage, who explained why “talk of the ‘peak’” of the spread of the contagion “can be misleading” as “it’s not clear whether you are talking about the Matterhorn or Table Mountain — both have a summit, but the peak is far more pronounced in one than the other.”

Hanage also warned “there may be a mountain range.”

“In other words, what is happening right now could be just one peak — not the peak.” he said. “And the reason for this is that despite all those positive signs from antibody testing, the huge majority of the population is not immune.”

"Where I live, in Cambridge Massachusetts, I keep hearing sirens. This crisis is not close to over, quite the reverse. The pandemic is only just getting started.

• Dr William Hanage is a professor of the evolution and epidemiology of infectious disease at Harvard"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre......../2020/apr/16/number-coronavirus-pandemic

* This post was edited 04/19/20 11:06am by RambleOnNW *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.