Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Rude People
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Rude People

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will add this.. It is (or at least was) kind of a joke when I first typed it but.. It applies here with some explanation.

There are many people who in moderate doses they are like a friend of mine named Carrie.... She made a post on Facebook the other day that I liked so much I replied (That comes later) She is a former coworker (We were/are both Police dispatchers. (She still is I'm retired) and once evening when I was working overtime she called out "Somebody call me a tow truck".. So I complied "Ok, You're a tow truck" and then added the name of the tow company I was calling for the acident her troopers were dealing with as the rest of the room broke down in laughter. Oh she got even when next she needed a tow called '"Somebody,, NOT YOU DAVIS, call me a tow truck"

Her post got the response

A girl after my own heart.. of course if we spent any time together it might well be 10 mintues before one of us needed to call homicide but.. A girl after my own heart"

Sadly, Save for the 10 minutes part... That is far too common.. A couple meet, and it's all hearts and Flowers and Music.. THey are great together for a 2 week honeymoon and then they are good part time as one or the other heads off to work. "
But a month of sheltering at home together... and someone needs to call homicide.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/20 10:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My experience as a cop is people get on each other's nerves on the third day of a three day weekend. We made a lot of trips to jail on Mondays. During the current lock down of this over-hyped bug, according to my cop friends, there's a lot of people getting arrested on domestic violence charges. To me these DV arrests are not worth it. Open up the country. Let the people who are fearful stay home. Let the others go back to their previous lives and get this country back on its feet.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

dave54

Northeast CA.

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/20 10:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any couples having a DV incident had stresses and problems long before the quarantine started.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/20 05:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our forefathers who crossed America in rickety wagons, despite illness, cranky and oppotunistic indigenous, getting lost, sick, with the end of the rainbow starting with absolutely zero.

Would be bitterly ashamed of America, today

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/20 07:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now is not a time to dwell on the negative as our country has many more positives; just look at all the volunteering, sacrificing, and creativity in bonding together in fighting this pandemic. That is where we need to spend our time and efforts.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Rude People
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.