Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Rude People
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Rude People

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
mr. ed

Tucson AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 01:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since acquiring a sudden handicap almost 6 years ago, I'd been forced to leave full time RVing and live in an apartment setting. Unfortunately, you can't choose neighbors with that type of lifestyle.

Although the building where I reside is usually pretty quiet, the past few nights have been horrendous. My neighbors, a few doors down the hall from my room, were getting into violent arguments, usually late at night. They were a man and woman living there, perhaps partners or husband & wife. The wife, having the louder voice, used language like a drunken sailor. It finally became so intolerable early this morning that management called the police, who thankfully removed the couple.

I think that activity such as this will increase as some people, who are already prone to anger, become more and more distraught over worsening world conditions.
In the meantime, I'm envious of those of you who are full-time RVing. To me it was the best lifestyle, not only peaceful (usually), but perhaps more economical, an important consideration nowadays. [emoticon]

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is one of many reasons as to why I BOUGHT a standalone house on multiple acres out in a rural area.

Been in a trailer court, in an apartment house with multiple tenants, not something I would wish to stay..

Heck, I am always reminded as to why I bought my home every time I camp in a campground. Makes me appreciate my home on some land away from high density housing and I always look forward to get back to a quieter lifestyle at home.

Unfortunately, when you live in a multi tenant building you ARE going to have noise from other tenants.

Perhaps time to see if you can find a small rental house?

The rage now days is 55 and up gated communities, most of those places will also take care of your grass and other outdoor chores, perhaps that would be helpful?

donfla

home

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 03:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, a situation like that is not pleasant to be near but glad it seems to be resolved. Not getting into the details but we had a very serious problem on our street that lasted 3 years and started following the local daily arrest records and out of habit still do. Right now there is a noticeable uptick on domestic violence arrests and from some of the mugshots the violence must have gotten serious.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Talking with our local cops,crime is almost no calls...but domestic/child abuse calls are way up. People are stressing about job loss,rent,utilities and bills due. And a lot of people told to shelter in place do not understand that you can go outside in your yard.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr. ed wrote:

I think that activity such as this will increase as some people, who are already prone to anger, become more and more distraught over worsening world conditions.

Well Ed.. I do agree with you but if it's a loud argument and you hear any evidence of things being thrown or punched.... (even if you do not but then it's your call) a quick 3 button phone number might be in order 9-1-1.

Do not go to the other apartment. let the professionals do that and yes that is the most dangerous type of call for the professionals.

I know my former co-workers (9-1-1) don't need the extra work. but I for one would much rather send out Law Enforcement to break up a fight than investigate a homicide. (I've done both).

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/20 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The downside of apartment living. Can't pick your neighbors, and the typical apartment complex these days is about as well built as an RV.

That said, we sold our home 4 years ago and have been living in a fairly small complex that's more like townhouses. 30 years old but well maintained, rent increases haven't been excessive. Despite the rent being higher than our mortgage payment we somehow are living cheaper than we were in our home. No maintenance expenses, pool to maintain and way lower utilities bills are the difference I guess.

mr. ed

Tucson AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/20 04:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

mr. ed wrote:

Well Ed.. I do agree with you but if it's a loud argument and you hear any evidence of things being thrown or punched.... (even if you do not but then it's your call) a quick 3 button phone number might be in order 9-1-1.

Do not go to the other apartment. let the professionals do that and yes that is the most dangerous type of call for the professionals.

I know my former co-workers (9-1-1) don't need the extra work. but I for one would much rather send out Law Enforcement to break up a fight than investigate a homicide. (I've done both).

Good points, sir. I did hear some fairly loud banging as the two were arguing. Of course, being in a wheelchair, I wouldn't think of intervening. Fortunately, there is 24/7 management available right within the building where they can easily hear any fracas going on. I don't need to do a thing. This building is normally pretty quiet and rude people have not been a commonplace problem. I'll accept these situations as a sign of the times and continue to live the best I can.

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/20 05:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr. ed wrote:

Well, now they're talking about extending stay at home to May 30 and possibly beyond with some states already cancelling June and July events.

You think people are rude now? Wait til food rationing begins. Gov't stimulus only goes so far. The "Just in time" supply system is extremely stretched, particularly in the cities.

There are over 10 million people out of work. JP Morgan is predicting 40% drop in GDP. The cries to restart the economy are already far and wide. We will jump the gun and a 2nd wave of Corona Virus will likely be upon us. It'll start all over with those who didn't get infected the first time. Unfortunately, many more people will need to be infected so herd immunity can begin to take affect which will allow us to move forward.

2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

mr. ed wrote:

Right on. It is extremely dangerous to attempt to bust up a domestic dispute that has gone violent. That's what 9-1-1 is for. Get somebody trained and prepared to do it; too easy to get yourself killed.

bighatnohorse

Gig Harbor - Cave Creek

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 09:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed next to a couple on a second floor at a motel in Santa Barbara, California.
They had a tremendous argument and took it outside onto the balcony.
Their kids inside, locked them out.

Next, they began beating on the door, screaming and threatening the kids to let them in.
We did not get our money back.

2014 Lance 1181
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Rude People
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.