Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: take out dining
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> take out dining

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/20 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

Some people are at high risk and some aren't.

They are 2 criteria of high risk.
1 high risk of getting virus, like NY, Seattle or California
2. high risk of dying becouse of virus like people > 65 yo and with some health conditions.
Some people have both. I observe statistics every day. In last 30 days the number of sick people in Las Vegas went up 100 times and even the growth is not parabolic anymore, it doesn't look like it is slowing down.
Multiply what you have in your state times 100 and we will talk in a month.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/20 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ed_Gee wrote:

Franky, I do not believe people who handle the food and related items are immune from COVID-19, so keeping within the Shelter at Home guidelines, I do not get take-out food. Only exception might be a Take-and-Bake Pizza which you can sanitize the cardboard box, dispose of it, and the Pizza gets baked at a virus killing temperature anyway .....
Just my view on the issue.
According to the CDC, obesity is one of the biggest risk factors in having COVID progress to a serious outcome. People could just stop eating and kill two birds with one stone, won't get COVID from the carry out food container (which was likely handled less than most packages on the grocery store isles) and eventually obesity will no longer be an factor. Of course that will lead to other problems such as starvation. It is estimated that 9 million people die annually from malnutrition, which makes it currently about 70 times more deadly than COVID, which has killed about 130,000 worldwide. Sometimes you just have to choose your poison.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/20 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do have reports on West Coast that farmers have to dispose tons of food that nobody buys anymore.
Cysternes of milk dumped in storm drain. Is that legal?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> take out dining
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.