Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Yet another reason to love trailering
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Yet another reason to love trailering

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/20 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am with you. Even though we typically pull into a rest area (and Texas has some really nice and well maintained ones) when we need a restroom stop, we still use our trailer bathroom.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/20 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree. one of the 2 main reasons I got a TT is because the Vault Toilets at some of the campgrouds I frequent would kinda freak me out. The second reason is because as I got older and sleeping on the ground lost it's appeal.

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/20 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After I retired from law enforcement, I got a part-time job working security at a waterpark resort near Wisconsin Dells. If you want to get totally grossed out, walk into ANY hotel room, close the curtains, turn out the lights, and turn on a black light. Bodily fluids will glow. Next step is to run Forrest, run.
I did this in a well known high end hotel room and decided that it is not just mid-priced hotels. I now pull my TT everywhere I am spending the night.

Bob & Dawn Married 32 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the thread that will bring everyone together! We stop when we want to do what we want or need to do. It's the best ever! Tired of road side coffee? Make it in the rig!

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retiring in 2021, then look-out road, here we come!

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Think about it, not only good people use public bathrooms and motels. Do you think there was ever a crime scene at a motel ? A good one hour cleanup will make it ready for the next occupant, no worries !
Ever wonder who is really in a bathroom stall when you are standing at a urinal ? All you see is a pair of shoes and maybe a shopping bag on the floor. There could be a second person standing inside that bag. Now, it's two against one...you.

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/20 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bob, the bad news is that there might be someone standing in the bag. The good news is that person is evidently so small that they aren't a threat! [emoticon]

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Hannibal

Tampa Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/20 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agree on all. However, just looking at this virus, you won’t catch it because some guy didn’t wash his hands after he touched his whistle. You will more likely catch it from the friendly neighbor who washes his hands after, steps outside, wipes his puppy nose with his fingers with all the pollen bothering him, walks over and shakes your paw with that same hand as he introduces himself, and then you wipe your puppy nose with the hand you shook his with. Or, if you’ve ever noticed when the light is just right, people spit droplets when they talk. Friendly people often get too close. We can’t be too careful with this one.

2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4 66 miles
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73 107k miles
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'. Reese HP Trunnion 800

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 12:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

profdant139 wrote:

bob, the bad news is that there might be someone standing in the bag. The good news is that person is evidently so small that they aren't a threat! [emoticon]

[emoticon] Tiny people.

For real, they use large shopping bags. It was a problem in some cities in the sex trade some years ago and branched out to robberies and drug use. They could not install cameras so they actually had details to go into bathrooms in public places like railway stations and mall bathrooms. Intensity would fluctuate depending how liberal the mayors were and how much manpower was deployed to curb the problem.

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've always said that if people are concerned enough to ask what kind of mileage other people get when towing, they probably shouldn't be RVing in the first place. Why? because if they are that concerned about the cost, then they are apparently at the upper limits of their fuel spending allowance already.

They cringe if it costs $80 to fill up with diesel instead of $60, buy the continue to buy $6.00 mochas and frappacino drinks at their favorite coffee stand.

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2018 Timber Ridge 24RLS (bought pre-owned 3/12/20)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

dave54

Northeast CA.

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agree 100%

Often just pull off the road in a nice spot to eat lunch. Once watched a small family of bighorn sheep frolicking on the hillside while we ate with the cars speeding by a few yards away not even noticing.

Or the elk that came right up to our window while eating and looked in at us (had the clean the elk noseprint off the glass).

You don't experience that in fast food restaurants.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Yet another reason to love trailering
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.