Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Florida State Parks reservation question
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Florida State Parks reservation question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/20 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The entire Florida Keys are closed through the month of May except for home owners, and essential workers.
There are road manned road blocks on the two entrances and you must have a hurricane sticker or some other kind of proof to get in
I am in the Keys right now, and we love it this way

Guy

GTO66

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/20 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As of now state parks are to open on march 16 not sure how that will affect the keys being closed.

GTO66

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/20 06:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My mistake May 16, not march. staying home this much has my brain wacked.Not even sure what day it is sometimes...........

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/20 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

plasticmaster wrote:

As I understand, camping reservations at Florida State Parks were cancelled through May 15. For those who had a reservation at a Florida State Park with an arrival before the 15th and departure after the 15th, was your entire reservation cancelled and refunded, or just the portion before the 15th? As of now, do you still have the remaining dates after the 15th reserved?

Florida uses ReserveAmerica (Aspira Inc) as many states do. The Aspira policy is if the arrival date is before a scheduled opening / re opening date, the entire reservation is automatically canceled, and refunded to whatever payment method used. There is no way to change it by emailing or even calling. I tried for reservations in PA which also uses Aspira. I tried to just cancel the two days of the 14 that fell prior to the reopening dat,e and they would not do so. They would also not let me re-reserve the 12 days from the opening for some reason, as the system is locked out for an additional month for reservations, I assume its going to be first come first serve or they anticipate the opening being delayed again as it already has 3 times.

plasticmaster

Home

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/20 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The reason I'm asking these questions is because I have a 2 week reservation beginning June 28th. I hope this doesn't happen, but if the Florida State Park closure were to be extended until the end of June, is there anything proactive I could do to not lose the majority of my reservation?

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/20 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan wrote:

The entire Florida Keys are closed through the month of May except for home owners, and essential workers.
There are road manned road blocks on the two entrances and you must have a hurricane sticker or some other kind of proof to get in
I am in the Keys right now, and we love it this way

Guy

You were thinking about heading for home just the other day. Glad you decided to stay safe.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

GTO66

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/20 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Plasticmaster... If they cancel and any of your dates are in the cancel period the whole reservation will be cancelled. I found this out by calling a park I stay at often and spoke to a ranger I came to know. Your site as well as others would become available the day they are opening up. They would be up on RA prior to that date and you would need to keep checking.I had a friend get a week at a park starting on may 16 by doing this.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/20 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

plasticmaster wrote:

The reason I'm asking these questions is because I have a 2 week reservation beginning June 28th. I hope this doesn't happen, but if the Florida State Park closure were to be extended until the end of June, is there anything proactive I could do to not lose the majority of my reservation?

You're good. That's 8+ weeks down the road. If this lockdown and closure foolishness is still going on in 8 weeks, traveling or going camping will be the last thing you'll want to do. You'll be more worried about basic survival.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/20 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At the risk of hijacking this thread, does any one know how this applies to fort pickens campground through rec.gov?
I've been trying to check daily as I have reservations for May 10-13 and would really like to know if they'll be open or not, as we planned to leave a week or so before that for a leisurely trip to the park.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/20 03:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

At the risk of hijacking this thread, does any one know how this applies to fort pickens campground through rec.gov?
I've been trying to check daily as I have reservations for May 10-13 and would really like to know if they'll be open or not, as we planned to leave a week or so before that for a leisurely trip to the park.

It's almost May and the dates you posted are less than 2 weeks away.

This is on the Fed website. You might get lucky and I hope you do, but I doubt it if they have not announced a re-opening by now.

"The park is following the White House’s guidance Opening Up America Again in developing a reopening plan. The park will implement phased reopening in accordance with this plan and guidance from public health officials and the Centers for Disease Control. There are no projected reopening dates for Gulf Islands facilities or areas at this time."

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Florida State Parks reservation question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.