Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Florida State Parks reservation question
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Florida State Parks reservation question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Stephen W

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/20 12:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Garmp, Recreation.gov told me they do not cancel and refund an existing reservation automatically until the month of the actual reservation. That proved to be true with my April reservations, which they automatically canceled and refunded with no penalties in April 1st.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/20 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just as I finished reading these posts and closed out, my email alerted me of a new email. Yup from Rec.Gov. Reservations cancelled.
" We're sending you this message because of your Recreation.gov reservation, at FORT PICKENS CAMPGROUND for Sun, May 10, 2020 - Wed, May 13, 2020.

A location closure has been issued for FORT PICKENS CAMPGROUND from Wed, Apr 29, 2020 - Tue, May 12, 2020 due to Public Safety Concerns .

Since this location closure overlaps with the dates for your trip, we have cancelled your reservation and you will receive a full refund. Credit / debit card payments will be refunded to the card associated with your account. If you paid by cash or check, you will receive a refund check in the mail (please allow up to 8 weeks)."

So that is the official answer.
Thanks all.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

CampCritter

FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/20 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ft. Pickens Campground is in the Gulf Islands National Seashore and is not in the Florida state park system.

Stephen W

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/20 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Florida State Parks to reopen Monday, May 4th. Wish they would give me back our May 11 oceanfront site reservation at Curry Hammock State Park in the Keys that they automatically canceled in March.

Stephen W

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/20 03:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's a limited opening, day use only during the first phase.

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/20 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GTO66 wrote:

Plasticmaster... If they cancel and any of your dates are in the cancel period the whole reservation will be cancelled. I found this out by calling a park I stay at often and spoke to a ranger I came to know. Your site as well as others would become available the day they are opening up. They would be up on RA prior to that date and you would need to keep checking.I had a friend get a week at a park starting on may 16 by doing this.

My reservation through Rec.gov for the Ocala Nat For. starts in the closure period (closed until May 20 according to the website) but ends outside the closure period. They have not cancelled my reservation which is perplexing unless there is talk of opening back up before May 20.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/20 05:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stephen W wrote:

Florida State Parks to reopen Monday, May 4th. Wish they would give me back our May 11 oceanfront site reservation at Curry Hammock State Park in the Keys that they automatically canceled in March.

The entire Florida Keys are closed except for residents, property owners and essential workers through the entire month of May

Guy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Florida State Parks reservation question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.