Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Arkansas State Parks to open...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Arkansas State Parks to open...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/20 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung, we love the area around Huntsville/Berryville. We used to travel through that area going to Eureka Springs. Hope you can have your reunion, we usually have one in Iowa during September that is on hold until we get the go-ahead.

Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/20 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear that it's not for out-of-staters. I'm not going to abandon my lifelong Texan status to move to Arkansas, as nice as it is. I'll spend my money in Oklahoma state coffers until Arkansas decides to allow out-of-state coughers. (COVID humor)

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/20 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have any of you looked at the COE parks in Arkansas. Granted they may not be in the area you are interested in, but there are several of them to choose from in the state. And generally speaking, we have never been to a bad COE park.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

padredw

East Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/20 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some weeks ago ALL COE parks were closed and I have not heard of them being opened. I agree, they are a great choice.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/20 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

Sorry to hear that it's not for out-of-staters. I'm not going to abandon my lifelong Texan status to move to Arkansas, as nice as it is. I'll spend my money in Oklahoma state coffers until Arkansas decides to allow out-of-state coughers. (COVID humor)

It appears that Arkansas is now allowing out of state campers. Those form New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, the city of New Orleans, and all international locations are being advised to self quarantine. Here is a link:

Arkansas COVID-19 Update

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks dallassteve I have been a little busy and was going to update but got behind. Yes, out-starters can use State Parks, but I recommend calling ahead to the specific Park to check on availability. People from "hot spots" will be turned away. Of course "hot spot" changes every week. Lodging at cabins and resorts is limited to 3 day stays over the weekends. Come on down the weather is fantastic! I am not sure of the status of COE parks, I am assuming they are following State guidelines.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redcatcher70 wrote:

Thanks dallassteve I have been a little busy and was going to update but got behind. Yes, out-starters can use State Parks, but I recommend calling ahead to the specific Park to check on availability. People from "hot spots" will be turned away. Of course "hot spot" changes every week. Lodging at cabins and resorts is limited to 3 day stays over the weekends. Come on down the weather is fantastic! I am not sure of the status of COE parks, I am assuming they are following State guidelines.

Redcatcher70

I was trying to reserve an Arkansas State Park last night on their website. I never got to a page where I could pick my spot. It was more like just fill in your name and credit card info and pay for a night. All the other states I've tried have a map where I can click on the site I want (if it's available) and then pay for it. Do you know if Arkansas works that way?

Anyway, I may be going back to Texas. They sent me an email saying I my qualify for more unemployment due to the COVID panic. If they're giving away free money I may have to actually be in Texas to collect it and I can't pass up a deal like that.

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/20 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

DallasSteve wrote:

It appears that Arkansas is now allowing out of state campers. Those form New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, the city of New Orleans, and all international locations are being advised to self quarantine. Here is a link:

Arkansas COVID-19 Update

That's great as we have reservations since mid January at Withrow Springs ( #27) starting June 8th .

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/20 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung, if I were you, I would still call the park and confirm you reservation. This virus stuff has muddled up a lot of things around here. It might save you hassle later, just saying from a retired State Employee......??

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/20 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redcatcher70 wrote:

sayoung, if I were you, I would still call the park and confirm you reservation. This virus stuff has muddled up a lot of things around here. It might save you hassle later, just saying from a retired State Employee......??

Allways double check our reservations as we usually set this trip up late Dec early Jan. Our get together is still in MAYBE mode. There is a new private park that's still convent north of Forum we could use if Arkansas changes its mind

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Arkansas State Parks to open...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.