Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Arkansas State Parks to open...
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Arkansas State Parks to open...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/20 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've never stayed in a state park in AR, but I want to go to Cotter to do some fishing. I don't need a fancy resort just to spend the night. What's the best deal in the area? Thanks

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/20 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gulf coast, the one RV park I hear most about is Denton Ferry RV Park in Cotter. I have never stayed there but looking at their website, all of the sites are out in the open, no shade. They look level and many pull-through. Located on the White River, and just one night, it might fit your needs.

Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/20 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redcatcher70 wrote:

gulf coast, the one RV park I hear most about is Denton Ferry RV Park in Cotter. I have never stayed there but looking at their website, all of the sites are out in the open, no shade. They look level and many pull-through. Located on the White River, and just one night, it might fit your needs.

It's a pvt park. We stayed there at Denton Ferry last June while fishing from Cotter. It was a nice quiet park & the owner was a nice guy
I talked to Arkansas SP and we are good to go. Just don't be from Louisiana, NY, NJ, or Conn. & no tent camping. Must have self contained bath.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/20 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stayed at a park in Arkansas last week and it was nice, except at that park in the mountains I had no cell service and no Internet. The wife was even more bummed out.

But my bigger complaint is that park had a check out time of 11 AM and a check in time of 4 PM. Does it take them 5 hours to change the sheets, clean the bathroom, and vacuum the rug at an RV space? No, it doesn't. They need about 5 milliseconds to get the space ready. I left at 1 PM and some guy was blocking me trying to back into his space with his super C. Which means we were probably both breaking the rules.

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/20 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Withrow Springs SP near Huntsville ,Ar is letting this ole Texas boy camp on #29 starting Thursday. This is our annual stay here at this park since it's just a few miles from our family place. It's a small park but well kept & as long as you don't stay on the west side spots its pretty quiet

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/20 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung, I have never stayed at that park. We have driven by lots of times, even drove around in the park a couple of times. We used to stay in Eureka Springs and drive over to War Eagle for the Craft and Art fall meet. Nothing like that area in the fall!!! Enjoy your visit, the weather is starting to warm up....

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/20 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE, Arkansas Parks opened today for tent camping also. I am assuming bathhouses and restrooms will be open also. Check out the website for all the information.

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/20 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redcatcher70 wrote:

sayoung, I have never stayed at that park. We have driven by lots of times, even drove around in the park a couple of times. We used to stay in Eureka Springs and drive over to War Eagle for the Craft and Art fall meet. Nothing like that area in the fall!!! Enjoy your visit, the weather is starting to warm up....

We usually get over to War Eagle Mill & have lunch. Usually the pintos & cornbread , saves gassing up on the way back [emoticon]
As to getting hot, it's already done that here . Made 89 today moving into mid 90's next week.

pulpwood007

Hemphill, TX

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/20 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gulfcoast wrote:

I've never stayed in a state park in AR, but I want to go to Cotter to do some fishing. I don't need a fancy resort just to spend the night. What's the best deal in the area? Thanks

Bulls Shoals State park is right below the dam and offers good tailwater fishing when they are not running water. It's about a 30 min drive down to Cotter. There is a nice private RV park at Cotter right on the river. Denton Ferry RV Park.

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/20 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks pulp, I will check them out soon.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Arkansas State Parks to open...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.