Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Which TPMS system to buy for truck and trailer?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Which TPMS system to buy for truck and trailer?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/20 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Yes, I've seen it firsthand. We left a campground, and about 45 minutes later I happened to glance at the monitor while it cycled through the tires. I noticed one tire was still at the pressure shown when we first started out, while the others had all increased as the tires warmed. I started to pull over and check, but just as I slowed, the monitor changed and the correct tire pressure came up for that tire. No warning, no alarm, no nothing. If I had that tire fail, or pressure drop, previous to that minute I'd have had no notice.

To me this is a big red "FAIL" on TST system. And it's never been addressed. It would seem that as a partial admission there is an issue, TST now ships the system with the repeater as standard equipment. It didn't when I bought mine, it was an option.

And the TST monitor updates regardless of whether the trailer is moving or not.

Have not had that issue, although I do have the repeater. Are you saying its because you DO NOT have the repeater ?? . Then if thats the case then what you are saying in a non issue now with the repeater ?? Mine has not missed a beat. My system is just over a year old now, before the next trip I'll change the sensor batteries.

On edit, if that is the case ,no repeater ,would it not be fair to say in all fairness its a non issue NOW !!!!!
It's a non-issue if the monitor never loses contact with a sensor. The repeater lessens the chance of that happening, but I don't know that it guarantees it never will happen. I don't know if there is a notification if the repeater fails, or loses power. It doesn't change the alert time, it just puts a band-aid on the problem. I would like to see a much shorter notification time, instead of, or in addition to.

Kind of sounds like the problem you have had the repeater was the solution, does it guarantee it ,no idea. As said mine has not had any problems so far. Probably the only way to know for sure for if you haven't got a repeater yet, is to get one ,and see.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/20 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I've had the TST system for 6-7 years, and it only happened that one time. But it also reconnected on its own. How many times had it happened before and I never noticed it? How many times has it happened to you and you never noticed it? How many times have we been running down the road thinking it's working, and it's not? No way to tell with an hour wait for notification.

Just because yours has never alerted doesn't mean the monitor hasn't lost connection to a sensor. It just means that if it did, it reconnected within an hour so it never alerted. No way to tell.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/20 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went with the TST 507 about 10 years ago and works fine. Had to buy the repeater when we went with the 35 ft trailer. I understand they now all come with repeater. The monitor died last year but nothing lasts forever. Their new monitors are actually much nicer.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/20 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Well, I've had the TST system for 6-7 years, and it only happened that one time. But it also reconnected on its own. How many times had it happened before and I never noticed it? How many times has it happened to you and you never noticed it? How many times have we been running down the road thinking it's working, and it's not? No way to tell with an hour wait for notification.

Just because yours has never alerted doesn't mean the monitor hasn't lost connection to a sensor. It just means that if it did, it reconnected within an hour so it never alerted. No way to tell.

As far as I know I haven't lost connection with a sensor. It gets looked at quite frequently, so if it did then as you say there would be a difference in the readings before things got heated up. So far that has not happened as the temperature ,and pressure increase. Now if it loses connection after everything has topped off, and running pretty consistent, well there is no way to know I guess on that part .

I trust the system,so hopefully that is not happening with a repeater . I can't help thinking that was your problem. Its apparent it was an issue losing connection on a sensor before they started coming out with the repeater .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Which TPMS system to buy for truck and trailer?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.