Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Full-time RVing: Considering Travel Nursing
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Considering Travel Nursing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Lwiddis

Lone Pine, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/20 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ENG, who’s comment or answer with a question do you consider stupid?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/20 06:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over the years there have been quite a few traveling nurses in the park we were in at Yuma, AZ. in the winter. With the huge snowbird influx here for the winter, the Yuma Regional Medical Center I'm sure contracts to quite a few.

camper19709

middletown,DE

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/20 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was an ER travel nurse for 6 years. Loved it! I worked assignments from coast to coast and Alaska. Travel nurses are in great demand right now. Google TRAVEL NURSING and get tons of information. You do not need to just sign up with one agency. I was signed with 4 agencies. Each agency has different assignments and pay rates. My procedure was to call all the agencies to find out what assignments they had in my preferred geographical location. And, since the agency is not having to pay for housing you get a stipend to help pay for your campground. Your welcome to PM me with any questions.

Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Seattle Steve

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/20 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the youtube channels I follow is No Ordinary Path. A very nice young couple, and he is a travel nurse. He seems to very openly talk about his contracts and the process of choosing them. The videos about his contracts are labeled as such, so it should be easy to find them. You might find it helpful.

riven1950

NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/20 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know any specifics but at least one of the Nurses at the Cancer Center I go to is a travel nurse. She appears to be retirement age and she and her husband live in a Motor Home. She said she loves it. She works day shifts for sure because this center is not open 24 hrs. I have also met several younger nurses in the past couple of years at Duke that were either travel nurses or started out that way, although I don;t think they were RV folks. My impression is travel nurses are in high demand and no reason they could not also be RV folks too.

patperry2766

Saginaw Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/20 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My BIL is a paramedic. He just got a traveling gig in Brenham TX working a nursing home full of Covid 19 patients. He's getting $3K a week. He said that nurses are getting $10K a week. I've also heard the NYC is paying well for temp Covid workers

Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

Nicodemus

Hoodsport WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/20 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been traveling as a surgical tech since 04. We use TRS staffing, Emerald Heath, Medical Solutions, and Cross Country Staffing. What do you want to know otherwise? Full timing is the best way to travel nurse, imo.

ENG2242

Missouri.

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/20 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

ENG, who’s comment or answer with a question do you consider stupid?

"why post about traveling Rn's in this category"?

I have posted inquiries in other categories, and received some ridiculous responses. The Moderator and other members have agreed.

I appreciate all the pertinent input, jus stick to the topic!!

David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags

ENG2242

Missouri.

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 08:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

Go to your search engine and search "traveling nurse forums". There are several to choose from. The participants comment on recruiters.

It was on a different post. Are usually don’t let things bother me, just been a bit crabby lately. My apologies.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Considering Travel Nursing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.