Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Anyone traveling yet
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Anyone traveling yet

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/20 11:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NY Gov Cuomo was just on the news saying, of the recent covid hospitalizations in his state, 66% of the patients came from home while 18% came from nursing homes. My math says that works out to 84% of patients have been in "lock down". Seems to me that staying home, as everyone is telling us to do, is the leading cause of contracting the covid virus. Maybe the CDC doesn't know every thing.

If you don't want to go outside then don't. But don't get on me and others for our decision to go camping and venture outside, to live our lives. It's still a free country despite what some want us to believe.

* This post was edited 05/07/20 06:15pm by azdryheat *

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

js218

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/20 12:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agree 100 percent, will be leaving for Northern Vermont in a week

2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/20 12:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

NY Gov Cuomo was just on the news saying, of the recent covid hospitalizations in his state, 66% of the patients came from home while 18% came from nursing homes. My math says that works out to 84% of patients have been in "lock down". Seems to me that staying home, as everyone is telling us to do, is the leading cause of contracting the covid virus. Maybe the CDC doesn't know every thing.

If you don't want to go outside then don't. But don't get on me and others for our decision to go camping and venture outside, to live our lives. It's still a free country despite what some what us to believe.

Maybe, but states and cities have the superior right to protect the lives and health of their citizens.

And the citizens have the rights to protect themselves from you. -- specially if you are violating their state and city's regulations meant to protect them.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/20 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If one leaves the city, and heads out camping, while maintaining social distancing requirements, are you helping your fellow city citizens?

Seems to me answer is yes

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/20 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep. Travelled twice. Took the RV to the dealer for a free systems inspection and state inspection, then drove her home. Then we took her back for a failing bearing and a recall fix.

That's about as exciting as RV travel has gotten lately...

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Randolph Scatt, tabby cat
Rudy, ginger cat, missing but not forgotten
Spotacus--Rainbow Bridge

jarata1

Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/20 01:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

JC2 wrote:

Wonder how many of the naysayers/non-believers would be willing to take their family camping in NY, GA, CA and other high risk areas. [emoticon]

I would have no problem with it!

sometimes not even worth arguing

doxiemom11

Paris Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/20 02:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How many naysayers are willing to lose their loved ones? It probably not you that will get it, but someone close to you. For some, that is what it will take to understand. They can't even read history and understand. Their minds can't wrap around it as they have never been inconvenienced in their lives. It very sad.

Andy F

St Cloud, MN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/08/20 03:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did a trip last week from Minnesota to Indiana to make the purchase of our new-to-us Tiffin Allegro Open Road. Stayed at KOA's in Illinois and Indiana with no problem since we were from out of state. No concerns or issues--so nice to have light traffic in Chicago! I am a 25 year Law Enforcement veteran and none of us at my 138+ sworn member agency are wearing masks while on duty. Just using common sense and practicing good hygiene like we all probably should during the flu season every year.

Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/20 04:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I am a 25 year Law Enforcement veteran and none of us at my 138+ sworn member agency are wearing masks while on duty.
While I truly appreciate your service, if you decided to approach me you would be hard-pressed to get me to interact. I would not appreciate your lack of care for my well-being.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/08/20 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jarata1 wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

JC2 wrote:

Wonder how many of the naysayers/non-believers would be willing to take their family camping in NY, GA, CA and other high risk areas. [emoticon]

I would have no problem with it!

sometimes not even worth arguing

I know what you mean!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Anyone traveling yet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.