Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tabletop LPG Barbecue Grilles Anything To Be Wary About?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Tabletop LPG Barbecue Grilles Anything To Be Wary About?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Weber Qs are great. Mine has been going strong for 12 years.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 241k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Normally beef in Mexico has GOODYEAR branded into it. This stuff is/was top grade USDA PRIME grade. Ruth's Criss grade.

The manager at Costco said a new price is coming with the grille re order.

Gasoline $1.24 gallon ut 15 cents higher for diesel.

The government declared beer as non-essential. Breweries closed. Smuggling across border at a 200% to 400% premium.

Ironically, in PA, the bars and "State Stores" (State doesn't trust private stores to sell liquor or spirits as in they want to keep all the profits) were closed.. But the Independent Beer "Distributors" were deemed essential and stayed open (Beer Distributors are bulk sellers of cases of brew and kegs but do not sell hard liquor or wine)! Can't buy a case of brew at a bar, they can sell only a six pack! Yeah, ironic..

Around here, can't find pork, chicken or ground beef, lots of steak though since it is twice the price per lb and folks are not buying expensive meats now days..

Bunch of meat packing plants have been taken out of service due to the virus making it's rounds in the plants.. Couldn't pay me enough to work in those places the way they pack the workers in shoulder to shoulder.

My hats off to the front line folks (I am working but fortunately as a support role behind the scenes in high tech medical devices)..

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/20 01:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mexican pork is superb. Boneless chops for $1.48 lb. Smoked $1.92

Chicken is neh as BLEH as Foster farms. Our local nemesis is trademarked Bachoco.

Dare I try a whole duck? Light off one burner set it on low nut keep Donald to the unlit side? Close the lid?

México is the land of volcanoes but finding a pumice brick is daunting. Being the heavy grille is not plated one would seem inclined to use a brick.

I seemed to never have owned a good set of RV grade barbecue tools.

Then there is the issue of using a wireless meat thermometer. RV grade of course..

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/20 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Mexican pork is superb. Boneless chops for $1.48 lb. Smoked $1.92

Chicken is neh as BLEH as Foster farms. Our local nemesis is trademarked Bachoco.

Dare I try a whole duck? Light off one burner set it on low nut keep Donald to the unlit side? Close the lid?

México is the land of volcanoes but finding a pumice brick is daunting. Being the heavy grille is not plated one would seem inclined to use a brick.

I seemed to never have owned a good set of RV grade barbecue tools.

Then there is the issue of using a wireless meat thermometer. RV grade of course..

Never used a stone on any grill (cast iron) I just fire up on high for ten minutes then wire brush the ash and wipe down with a towel. Works for my in the USA.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Tabletop LPG Barbecue Grilles Anything To Be Wary About?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.