Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Another sad sign of the times.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Another sad sign of the times.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

Senior Member

Joined: 12/13/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/07/20 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I'm waiting for that Japanese giant killer hornet.

I heard it's just two states away.


it's in southern VA..
bumpy


Whew, I can now relax, lol,.

It's also in Washington state. Their trying very hard to stop it. A hoard of them will invade a honeybee hive and decapitate thousands and take their bodies back to feed on. As if the poor honeybee's don't have enough problems already. These 2 inch long Asian murder hornets(their description not mine) are two inches long and killed 43 people somewhere last year.


Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

memtb

Wyoming

Senior Member

Joined: 10/21/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/07/20 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

memtb wrote:

And another rarity, the thread hasn’t been closed.....yet! memtb


Nobody is fighting and it hasn't gone political..."yet"!

Go Pokes!

(Two of our kids went to school at UWYO).


[emoticon] memtb

* This post was edited 05/07/20 10:42am by memtb *


Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl


otrfun

On The Road

Senior Member

Joined: 09/08/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/07/20 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

T18skyguy wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I'm waiting for that Japanese giant killer hornet.

I heard it's just two states away.


it's in southern VA..
bumpy


Whew, I can now relax, lol,.
It's also in Washington state. Their trying very hard to stop it. A hoard of them will invade a honeybee hive and decapitate thousands and take their bodies back to feed on. As if the poor honeybee's don't have enough problems already. These 2 inch long Asian murder hornets(their description not mine) are two inches long and killed 43 people somewhere last year.
This guy (Coyote Peterson) purposely let a Japanese Hornet sting his forearm. ****, looks like this sucker has one nasty sting!

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/07/20 12:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

otrfun wrote:

T18skyguy wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I'm waiting for that Japanese giant killer hornet.

I heard it's just two states away.


it's in southern VA..
bumpy


Whew, I can now relax, lol,.
It's also in Washington state. Their trying very hard to stop it. A hoard of them will invade a honeybee hive and decapitate thousands and take their bodies back to feed on. As if the poor honeybee's don't have enough problems already. These 2 inch long Asian murder hornets(their description not mine) are two inches long and killed 43 people somewhere last year.
This guy (Coyote Peterson) purposely let a Japanese Hornet sting his forearm. ****, looks like this sucker has one nasty sting!


We should invite more Japanese tourists.

They skewer it, sting and all, into crisp and a delicacy.

The grubs are stir fried.

The best part, they'll drown one in white wine to release it's venom which turn it cloudy, giving the wine special toxin buzz.

And all are considered gourmet and aphrodisiac.

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

Senior Member

Joined: 09/17/2003

View Profile



Posted: 05/07/20 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

memtb wrote:

And another rarity, the thread hasn’t been closed.....yet! memtb


Nobody is fighting and it hasn't gone political..."yet"!



Alaska mosquitoes (which have begun to emerge in Los Anchorage in the past few sunny days) are bigger than either Minnesota or Wyoming mosquitoes.[emoticon]

No comment on their political affiliation. [emoticon]


CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

memtb

Wyoming

Senior Member

Joined: 10/21/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/07/20 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PA12DRVR wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

memtb wrote:

And another rarity, the thread hasn’t been closed.....yet! memtb


Nobody is fighting and it hasn't gone political..."yet"!



Alaska mosquitoes (which have begun to emerge in Los Anchorage in the past few sunny days) are bigger than either Minnesota or Wyoming mosquitoes.[emoticon]

No comment on their political affiliation. [emoticon]



“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight.....but, size of the fight in the dog”! [emoticon] memtb

Walaby

Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 11/10/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/08/20 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Think we need a bail-out plan to take care of the bugs. After all, bugs have feelings too.

Mike


Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS


Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/08/20 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heard that if mosquitoes in Alaska and other states gets any bigger, they'll require hunting license to shoot them.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 10/30/2015

View Profile



Posted: 05/08/20 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And it will be a trophy license that you will need.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Another sad sign of the times.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.