Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 5 year old takes road trip in SUV, headed to California.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 5 year old takes road trip in SUV, headed to California.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/20 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This really gave me a chuckle today. The boy wanted to buy a Lamborghini. His mom said no, so he decided he'd buy it himself with three dollars in his pocket. He was headed the right way on I 15.

https://twitter.com/UTHighwayPatrol/status/1257384715998441477

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

Admin

Channel Islands Harbor, Ca.

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wonder how he was able to reach the pedals and steering wheel.

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/20 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think he was at the edge of the seat. The cop said he could see no head above the seat. I was told a sympathetic Lamborghini owner, who read the story, gave the boy a ride, and he was just thrilled.

Geo*Boy

Burlington

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where are parents nowadays? Five year old gets key to a vehicle and takes it on the freeway!

Pheonix87

United States

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/20 02:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh come on, cut it with the parents stuff. At least in my case and that of everyone I know in my age group, no matter how much your parents were up in your business as a kid, you still did some dumb and even dangerous stuff. There's no 24/7 surveillance, let's get real. The problem is that nowadays there are a lot more dangers the kids are exposed to and new type of trouble they can get into. That's why a bit more caution must be taken on the part of the parents. But this isn't to say that they are the scum of the earth just because their kid is a trouble maker.

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/20 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geo*Boy wrote:

Where are parents nowadays? Five year old gets key to a vehicle and takes it on the freeway!

What I read was the keys were on a hook in the kitchen, so he waited until the mom doing something else, grabbed the keys and was gone. It's my understanding the parents are good people. He didn't get very far. Sometimes parents get surprised by what their kids can do. Bet she never thought he could drive.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 05/07/20 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/05/the-5-year-old-who-started-driving-to-california-to-buy-a-lamborghini-finally-got-to-ride-in-one-but-now-hes-grounded/

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/07/20 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Uncle during the thirties drove a coal truck at age 9. He jumped off the crate on the seat hit the gas and back up. How that came to be I'm not sure. Moms Uncle John the Sheriff brought him home more than once. never tried to got to California but at age 6 I took my 2 year old brother on a rid in a Model T...into the hollar.
None of those shifters shift geare and none of those pedals are cluches or the gas.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> 5 year old takes road trip in SUV, headed to California.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.