Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: This could be a problem
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> This could be a problem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/20 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

That doesn't track. With the huge numbers of unemployed, just who is going to be buying. Perhaps that article is more of a 'cross my heart, hope to die", type of thing...trying to convince the buying public that all is rosy and no..there are no deals to be head.

Gary Haupt

85% of the working population is still working!!!

X2!!

And on top of that, a lot of those people are:

1) Working a lot of mandatory overtime $$$

2) Were given $2,3,4 hr raises just because.

My sister works for a grocery chain. Beginning of April they told her she gets $2hr raise because of the Covid.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NJRVer wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

That doesn't track. With the huge numbers of unemployed, just who is going to be buying. Perhaps that article is more of a 'cross my heart, hope to die", type of thing...trying to convince the buying public that all is rosy and no..there are no deals to be head.

Gary Haupt

85% of the working population is still working!!!

X2!!

And on top of that, a lot of those people are:

1) Working a lot of mandatory overtime $$$

2) Were given $2,3,4 hr raises just because.

My sister works for a grocery chain. Beginning of April they told her she gets $2hr raise because of the Covid.

PLAIN STUPID!!!

I talked to a Trucker friend and asked him if he does anything different or deserves to be treated and differently, NO and NO!

Funny thing is I stopped at the Foxy Lady Coffee Stand and talked to a Bikini Clad Barista that was quite intelligent. She said "I would have never considered a Bikini Barista being ESSENTIAL".

No mask, No gloves, No 6' distancing but she did have the essentials covered. [emoticon]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/20 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mockturtle wrote:

Heard on business news this morning that RV sales are booming. Good for the industry but possibly bad for those of us who are already finding it increasingly difficult to find campsites.

I don't believe it. The industry was in a severe downturn, particularly the motor home segment. Most of the growth preceding this was in cheap towables. With the summer camping season shot, and record unemployment, I think it's just a cheap PR stunt to goose the market.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

tommyznr

NR, WI

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/20 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you camp in a tent your summer camping season may be shot or significantly delayed. However, many places are opening up to self contained units. We just found a campground about 30 miles from home that was almost full this last weekend. We are planning to work in our camper at that campground next week using our cell phone hot spots, we will have a lakeside site and the campground to ourselves until the weekend.

When we were tent camping something like this would have moved us to an RV sooner rather than later.

I imagine there are many people who love camping that are willing to move to an RV to continue the tradition.

Tom

2017 GMC Sierra SLT, Max Tow package
2018 Grand Design Reflection 295RL

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> This could be a problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.