Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best Class C for the money
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Best Class C for the money

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Lwiddis

West & above Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/20 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The most reliable C is the one that has been maintained (used) or will be maintained (new).

"Don't need advice on what to post" Yes you do!

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/20 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess if you are looking for reliable you could look at the Rental Market More than 100 Forum members have them and so far not one is unhappy with their decision to buy one,including me.

They have to be reliable and they have documentable service records also they are priced right.

Something more to digest in your search.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/20 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

billy1davis wrote:

We are looking for the most reliable Class C out there. I have run a search and have digested those results. I am looking especially for those that have had class c's.

The "overall most reliable" Class C would probably be this:

1. A Class C built on the Ford E350 or E450 chassis.

... and ...

2. A Class C built with a coach exterior structure that is made of a one-piece fiberglass shell. i.e. The entire roof and walls are molded as one continuous fiberglass unit.

As far as I can tell, the Coach House Platinum models may be just about the only Class C motorhomes still available new that are built this way - including the Ford chassis.

The next closest Class C models built almost to the above criteria are probably those built by Phoenix Cruiser - including the Ford chassis.

P.S. By "reliable" I assume you mean A) least likely for the chassis to break down over time - but easiest and cheapest to get repaired if it does, and B) least likely for the main coach structure to develop water leaks and generally hold together over time.

* This post was last edited 05/12/20 02:31pm by pnichols *   View edit history

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/20 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MDKMDK wrote:

If you're looking for another "this is it" opinion, you're wasting your time, as you said you've already "digested those results". You're not going to get much different results on here, or anywhere else, than what you've already seen. No earth shattering revelations are likely to come.
Just pick one, based on your research, and get out there.

But he already has a "nice Class C" per another thread recently and appeared to not have a RV a couple months ago from those threads in the various forums here.

Thought i posted earlier in this thread today....maybe deleted, maybe it didn't post, but in short, the chassis are mostly all FOrd or Chevy and basic reliable "trucks", the appliances and such are generally the same or similar between mfgs. Differnt mfgs have their own "box" they design and construct and even those are not that different.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/20 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also check into service after warranty. You are going to have issues pop up and they al seem to know when the warranty is up, then boom. Even the best of the best will have things go wrong as some point. Check the manufacturer and their service department. And/or even local qualified service centers.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/20 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

billy1davis wrote:

We are looking for the most reliable Class C out there. I have run a search and have digested those results. I am looking especially for those that have had class c's.

Since you're getting plenty of answers to your question, may I ask why you're bent on a C, rather than an A and just for what, I might be missing here?

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Drukoon

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/20 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out renegaderv.

whemme

Spencer, IA

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/20 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If there really was only one best Class-C RV brand, it would be the only brand left on the market.

2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

billy1davis

usa

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/20 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am 72 and we think a class a would be too much to handle. We think also that having a short class c we would not need to pull a toad

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/20 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

billy1davis wrote:

I am 72 and we think a class a would be too much to handle. We think also that having a short class c we would not need to pull a toad

That was going to be my next question. How long do you want it and how much do you want to spend? Some folks say that 27 foot is a good compromise all things being considered.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Best Class C for the money
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.