Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: ALBERTA PARKS NOW OPENING
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> ALBERTA PARKS NOW OPENING

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
canadafan

Norfolk UK

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/20 04:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alberta is reopening the parks on a staggered basis from May 14. Sounds a little risky to me but as long as everyone is careful .....

www.reserve.albertaparks.ca

Say safe
Trevor

Pipeman

Windsor, Ontario,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/20 04:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last I heard was that they were opening up provincial campgrounds and they are not open to people from out of province. The national parks are opening up to day trips and no camping but may open up to camping on June 21.

Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

canadafan

Norfolk UK

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/20 05:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got an email from them on May 14 titled "Reservation Relaunch"

Trevor

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/20 05:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Getting a reservation is one thing, getting across a border to get to the park is whole other matter.

I was recently out west and was asked at several stops where I was from, where I was going, and why. It was made clear that I was not traveling for good reason I would have been turned around.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/20 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some Provincial campgrounds are open for day use, no camping. They are scheduled to open at 50% capacity for camping on June 01.

Pipeman

Windsor, Ontario,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/20 09:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We already have a reservation in Waterton Lakes National Park from June 29 to July 9 but if the park doesn't cancel the reservations because they aren't going to be open by that date then we will cancel. We usually cross the border into the States and take #2 hwy to Montana and then head north to Alberta. The border may not be open at that time so I figured out a Canadian route but the provincial boundaries may not be open to non essential travel either. In my opinion it's way too early to be opening up anything and I'll bet this pandemic will pick up again because of lax rules and people.

83trekker

calgary,ab,canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/20 04:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anybody know when national park campgrounds will be reservable? It just saids not at this time

canadafan

Norfolk UK

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 02:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Latest info from Parks Canada.

All camping facilities remain closed until at least June 21, 2020, while Parks Canada assesses whether and how these services might resume. Group activities and public events will be prohibited until further notice. All existing reservations set to take place prior to June 21, 2020, will be automatically cancelled and refunded in full.

Trevor

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pipeman wrote:

but the provincial boundaries may not be open to non essential travel either.

no provincial boarder has been closed, there may have been a few check spots asking you to think about if your travel is really necessary, but they cant legally stop a Canadian from going say from BC to Alberta or the other way. if I decide it is necessary for me to visit my parents in the next province then it is.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

83trekker

calgary,ab,canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 04:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

Pipeman wrote:

but the provincial boundaries may not be open to non essential travel either.

no provincial boarder has been closed, there may have been a few check spots asking you to think about if your travel is really necessary, but they cant legally stop a Canadian from going say from BC to Alberta or the other way. if I decide it is necessary for me to visit my parents in the next province then it is.

Steve

Yhea no provincial closure at all, may long in sicamous was nothing but alberta plates, and the BC companies trying to survive there had no problem with that at all.

Still crazy we can all ram into a grocery store or costco yet so many campgrounds and parks still closed, freaking stupid. Especially if you have your own rv with own shower and toilet.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> ALBERTA PARKS NOW OPENING
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.