Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: ALBERTA PARKS NOW OPENING
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> ALBERTA PARKS NOW OPENING

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 11:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

83trekker wrote:

StirCrazy wrote:

Pipeman wrote:

but the provincial boundaries may not be open to non essential travel either.

no provincial boarder has been closed, there may have been a few check spots asking you to think about if your travel is really necessary, but they cant legally stop a Canadian from going say from BC to Alberta or the other way. if I decide it is necessary for me to visit my parents in the next province then it is.

Steve

Yhea no provincial closure at all, may long in sicamous was nothing but alberta plates, and the BC companies trying to survive there had no problem with that at all.

Still crazy we can all ram into a grocery store or costco yet so many campgrounds and parks still closed, freaking stupid. Especially if you have your own rv with own shower and toilet.

yup, as far as I am concerned camping is by nature social distancing. sure you meet people and sit around a fire and BS but sit on opposite sides of the fire and your socially distanced. to easy.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 12:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's not just the camping. Lots of parks here in Ontario like Pinery and Iverhuron both on Lake Huron just to name a few have crowded beach areas as well. Camping without access to the water would suck.

2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Pipeman

Windsor, Ontario,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/20 05:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well there are some provinces that have closed their borders to outsiders and maybe more joining. You may have to copy and paste this. https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/travel-canada-provinces-covid-19-restrictions-1.5589316

Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

View Profile

Posted: 05/31/20 05:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pipeman wrote:

Well there are some provinces that have closed their borders to outsiders and maybe more joining. You may have to copy and paste this. https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/travel-canada-provinces-covid-19-restrictions-1.5589316

Restricting my right to travel any where in Canada any time I like is illegal. Only the Federal Government has the power to do that and only under the most severe conditions which I do not see Covid as a qualifier. I welcome the Charter Challenge.

You want to lock the country down, get the Fed's to do it legally.

Pipeman

Windsor, Ontario,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/20 04:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shum02, well all I can say is give it a try with one of these provinces and then come back here and let us know how you made out.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/20 04:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shum02 wrote:

Pipeman wrote:

Restricting my right to travel any where in Canada any time I like is illegal. Only the Federal Government has the power to do that and only under the most severe conditions which I do not see Covid as a qualifier. I welcome the Charter Challenge.

I’m not sure what you do / did for a living, but it’s not a lawyer I’m sure. Under the Emergency Measures legislation they can, and have, restricted travel.

In a state of emergency they can restrict travel, arrest those that defy those orders, in a situation like a forest fire they can conscript people to fight that fire.

No Charter challenge is required, it’s settled law.

shum02

Burlington ON CDA

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 08:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

shum02 wrote:

Pipeman wrote:

I’m not sure what you do / did for a living, but it’s not a lawyer I’m sure. Under the Emergency Measures legislation they can, and have, restricted travel.

In a state of emergency they can restrict travel, arrest those that defy those orders, in a situation like a forest fire they can conscript people to fight that fire.

No Charter challenge is required, it’s settled law.

Apparently not because they are being challenged. If you are ok with your politicians restricting your movements without proper legal recourse and oversight i pity you, you are a fool. Things are not as black and white as you would think or wish.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 11:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't blame those 4 provinces doing what they are doing. They have the lowest confirmed cases in Canada and want to keep it that way. All the power to them.
If a person thinks that the Charter of Rights is more important than a Province trying to protect their people that person is a fool.

Pipeman

Windsor, Ontario,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/04/20 04:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shun02 don't let nothing but fear, stupidity and common sense hold you back from doing whatever you want to do.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> ALBERTA PARKS NOW OPENING
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.