Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Goodyear G614 ,and Endurance Tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Goodyear G614 ,and Endurance Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Bipeflier

Centralia, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/20 12:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No one asked for my $0.02 worth but if the RVIA really wants to help the industry they would start verifying that the junk coming onshore from the far easy actually met the ratings and are built to standards. Having delt with some companies in that part of the world for over 20 years, I don't trust a one of them.

2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/20 12:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bipeflier wrote:

No one asked for my $0.02 worth but if the RVIA really wants to help the industry they would start verifying that the junk coming onshore from the far easy actually met the ratings and are built to standards. Having delt with some companies in that part of the world for over 20 years, I don't trust a one of them.

I disagree, the US is not the only ones that can build a quality product, there is quality products built all over the world ,as well as junk ,no different here ,where there is junk built also .

This thread wont last long, this has nothing to do where a tire is made ,but tire ratings .

Fisher Bill

Tigard

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/20 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doesn't sailsun start their sizes with a 16" rim? that kind of puts me out if true

2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/20 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fisher Bill wrote:

Doesn't sailsun start their sizes with a 16" rim? that kind of puts me out if true

Although Sailun is not the subject here , but tire ratings, no I believe for RV ‘s Sailun tires are only available in 16 “ or bigger

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/20 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread is about tire ratings ,nothing to do with where it’s made . I found it interesting about these weight rating . But now that you brought it up , let’s take Sailun made in China , and it’s ratings . At one time the Sailun S637 were rated for 3750, and was a LT tire , now It’s a ST and rated for 4080 or 4400 depending on size 80’s or 85’s . Was there a change in design , doubtful . It’s still a quality tire regardless of where it’s made .

Sailun , Goodyear and who knows who else IMO have inflated their ratings to fit the axle ratings . The G614 has remained the same , somewhat surprised considering the numbers Goodyear put their E rated Endurance at . I think Goodyear wanted to get back in the game with the Endurance , they certainly lost a lot of the market when the Sailuns come along .

Take Westlakes for example coming on the new Bighorns . No more G614’s on the Montana fifth wheels . Haven’t checked lately but I would suspect Sailun or Westlake on the Montana fifth wheels , yes there is the cost factor , but arguably better tires , but more importantly right or wrong they have the needed weight ratings . So far Goodyear does not in a G rated tire and just one in the E rating , and not sure where that tire would be used in a OE application requiring a 6.5 wheel , where most of these fifth wheels with 7k axles come with 6” wide wheels .

* This post was edited 05/20/20 05:04pm by an administrator/moderator *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Goodyear G614 ,and Endurance Tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.