Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Mini Winnie needs major work
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Mini Winnie needs major work

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/20 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I imagine someone would buy it as is. Like I said, the entire left side will have to come off. I may advertise it as is. I kinda want the genny but rather have #3k

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/20 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just thinking out loud, but maybe just glue and screw that left side? For that kind of money, could be great for a young family, that just wants to do some local camping

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/20 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a real "shot in the dark" ! If you have the time, the talent and the energy to stick with a long term project, you could make a fair profit on this.

For giggles, contact RV ROOF INSTALL and see if they will give you a ball park quote. New roof, delamination side repair could easily cost >$20K, but it might be worth it !

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/20 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I could easily make $5,000 profit to flip the thing I might take it.
If I needed a cheep RV to get out and have fun I might take it and do the minimum to make road worthy.

Otherwise I advise the owner to place an ad in the freebie section of craigs list and let it go as is where is, bring your own tools and start battery.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/20 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your friend wants it gone and so will you. Let him "part it out" when it is in his yard, not in your yard.

You could get the gen as one of the parts he is selling before it gets hauled away.

1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
See Profile for House electronics set-up.
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/20 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If all you really want is the generator, I would ask him for it.

If you were in the Chicago area, I would ask to donate the rig to Our Church's CARS Ministry. They would come and get it as-is. They would likely get it running and safe to drive, then put it up on eBay HERE. I have served as a volunteer mechanic and leader in that ministry for 23 years now. They do great things helping the under resourced with reliable transportation.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/20 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

If I could easily make $5,000 profit to flip the thing I might take it.
If I needed a cheep RV to get out and have fun I might take it and do the minimum to make road worthy.

Otherwise I advise the owner to place an ad in the freebie section of craigs list and let it go as is where is, bring your own tools and start battery.

IF I had the space I would do the same, get it roadworthy and let the kids take it to the desert or whatever. As long as it was safe

and dry inside I know people that could care less about having everything in working order. Gut it and put in bunk beds and take

the whole tribe, use a working RV as the kitchen, man what great times that would be.

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/20 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He is undergoing cancer treatment, so might be in a phase where he would want to give stuff away or see it go to some use as it is just stuff and means little to him. He has money so doesnt care about selling it, just does not want the extra stress in his life.

I have a young friend that is building out his passenger van so is interested to take a look at what he can salvage out of it too, so we will go soon, and I will try to start it then also.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Mini Winnie needs major work
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.