Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: From motorhome to travel trailer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> From motorhome to travel trailer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Snomas

Sedona, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were in the same situation as yu are now. I sold a dutch star and bought a F150 Truck and bought a 22’ TT for local trips. The TT has a large slide out with all the goodies.
Murphy bed gives us a lot of interior space in the 20’ box. The quality is not Newmar built. I negotiated and payed a fair price for a new unit. If yu want higher quality look at Lance, Artic Fox, and Northern. I bought a Anderson WDH which is quiet and works well w/ my micro lite Flagstaff trailer. I changed the rear bumper and added a 3500 watt generator on rear rack and backup camera
HAPPY CAMPING

2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, 5.0 L V8, RWD.
2019 Flagstaff micro mini 21DS
Anderson WDH

AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At 77 if I was going to do just short trips. Maybe I would consider a TT. If I did I would buy a TT from: Nash, Arctic fox, Outdoors RV. My second TT was an Arctic Fox 22H. I have judged every other RV I have owned to it when it comes to how it is built. What thoughts were put into making it four season, maybe. Basic things like a usable bathroom space, cooking space, tank size and such.

Looking at their websites I see even they have changed some of their layouts to the detriment to offer things other competitors are offering. Smaller showers was one thing I noticed on some models.

One of the subtle thing I have noticed is my 22H was quieter inside than any other RV I have had.

2014 Leprechaun 290QB
Chevy 4500 6.0
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

JL7456

Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/20 10:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a quick update, purchased a used truck last week and pick up the TT tomorrow. Got the KZ Connect 241RLK. Thank you for all of your advice and information. Happy Trails.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/20 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Enjoy!

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> From motorhome to travel trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.