Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Who's hitting the road this summer?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Who's hitting the road this summer?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
ticki2

NH

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reality Check wrote:

Ate out last night too.. full house, busy place, great food and experience. The locals aren't buying it either. Glad to see. If anyone is going to protest something, it should be the continued repression of the economy. This has been, and continues to be, nuts.

If you are someone that is compromised, then act accordingly. Otherwise, go travel... it's good for you and good for the economy.

Something to think about . More people in the USA have died of covid19 in the last 6 months than all the highway deaths , all the military deaths , and all the influenza deaths , combined , for all of 2019 . Yes it is nuts

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

mleekamp

Washington, IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had reservations cancelled on us...Destin FL (Topsail), and Colorado. Just a few weeks ago, got reservations at Rafter J in Hill City, SD (Black hills). Been there several times, and reasons for going back is (1) state is open) (2) they had 1 spot open for our week (3) We've seen Mt. Rushmore, etc...but there are ample opportunities to hike, sight see, and kayak...without too many folks around.

We are heading from there to Devils Tower (KOA) then to Wall SD (Sleepy Hollow RV Park) for a trip thru the badlands.

We've done this trip before, but for our kids, it's been 5 years so kinda still new to them...and some of the trip they don't remember. Biggest thing is that we will be out west...avoiding (hopefully) the issues of the day.

2019 Jayco Redhawk 29XK Class C, Ford V10 E450 with Roadmaster Hitch Mounted Spare Tire holder, Bigfoot Hydraulic Leveling
2000 Jeep Wrangler for a Dinghy w/ Invisibrake & Curt Tow Bar

Reality Check

North Bend

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 10:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

Reality Check wrote:

Ate out last night too.. full house, busy place, great food and experience. The locals aren't buying it either. Glad to see. If anyone is going to protest something, it should be the continued repression of the economy. This has been, and continues to be, nuts.

If you are someone that is compromised, then act accordingly. Otherwise, go travel... it's good for you and good for the economy.

Something to think about . More people in the USA have died of covid19 in the last 6 months than all the highway deaths , all the military deaths , and all the influenza deaths , combined , for all of 2019 . Yes it is nuts

Stats??? we lost 80k in 2018 to the flu. This thing could multiply by 10 and it doesn't compute to sending us into a depression. There is more to living than life... it'll always be open to debate whether the 'shut down' was the savior, but never open to debate that we have room in the hospitals now and that the virus isn't going away. Open it up and clear the way and get through it.

'07 F550 with Link Ultraride air under an '11 AF 1150. It's either a fishing boat, snowmobiles or dual sports; something is always being towed.

Switching over to a 2016 F550 with new Ultraride air...just need to get the flatbed built.

hotjag1

Lake Chelan, Wa/Lake Havasu, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 11:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We took a 3 day trip to Idaho a few weeks ago, and a 3 day trip in northern WA riding our side by side last week. We are heading to a different area in northern WA again in a few days. We have everything we need in the motorhome but we do visit with other campers in the rv parks. We have more trips planned in Idaho with other rv couples in July also. Most of us in eastern WA are tired of this lockdown.

* This post was edited 06/15/20 11:31pm by hotjag1 *

hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

thedavidzoo

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, had our first trip out since the start of the virus. It was good to finally get out. Just got back from 4 nights in Pinaleno Mountains (Coronado NF) in AZ (2 boondocking, 2 primitive CG). Will do 2 weeks boondocking around North Rim Grand Canyon toward the end of this month. Hope for several more spontaneous getaways late summer/fall once we find out what the high school and college Covid schedule will be for our 2 boys.

We prefer to stay away from all others anyway and boondock 95% of the time, never stay at private campgrounds. Glad I don't have to make reservations anymore. We made up a jingle many years ago with the kids: "KOA campground packs you in, like sardines in a can." No thanks.

2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Start trip preparation. Boat got renewal on the net, truck needs to do smog and wait in probably long line to DMV as they don't do appointments any more.
So tried to start the truck and move TC only to discover both batteries died.
I had them disconnected and each had separate battery maintainer, yet 3 years passed and they are promptly malfunctioning.

Supercharged111

Colorado Springs, CO

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Start trip preparation. Boat got renewal on the net, truck needs to do smog and wait in probably long line to DMV as they don't do appointments any more.
So tried to start the truck and move TC only to discover both batteries died.
I had them disconnected and each had separate battery maintainer, yet 3 years passed and they are promptly malfunctioning.

If it makes you feel any better, I have **** luck with batteries too.

2007 Lance 1131
1997 GMC K3500 crew cab supercharged dually

Freep

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're getting ready to take off for a month of camping/working. I have my new LifePo4 cells arriving Friday and I'll be testing and installing them over the weekend. 271 ah !

2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/20 02:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ticki2 wrote:

Reality Check wrote:

No, it's not nuts, it's a virus that, if fatal, predominately kills only old people. Of the 90k deaths in the US, almost 85k are age 55 and older. And 20k are like 75 and older and 30k are age 85 and older. So over half the deaths are people who are already near or at the end of their expected lives. Yeah it's a nasty virus, but anyone who removes their blinders will see the destruction that the now 3 month long ordeal has had on the world and world economy is far far greater.
Sure it was a good idea to stop for a bit and send everyone home to assess the situation. And make per pople aware of the gravity of the situation. However it's now turned into an excuse for the lazy to be lazier, the meek to have something else to hide behind or be afraid of and if it was that dangerous, maybe it should have taken precedence over the protests and riots.
BUT it didn't. Nary a word about covid as thousands gathered, when a guy can't even go get a haircut.
At least I didn't sit at home, although I'd like to get some time off and maybe all the lazy f cks that still have t come back to work could spell ME for a while.
Give me a freakin break, I believed in the restrictions for a while, but now it's, idk, political I guess?

Since this forum is mostly old people, I expect a bit differnet view, but I got news for you. If your 80 years old, it's just the next thing that's gonna get you. This year it's the covid, last year the flu, next year a broken hip. I guess that's worth shutting the world down to protect the elderly. Why didn't they just stay home instead of everyone?
Prolly can't age discriminate.....
Especially now that everything can is is viewed as discriminatory or racist now.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Ramblin' Ralph

Central California Coast

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/20 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got on the road Monday for a family campout with my kids in the E Sierra. Usually do 5 to 6 months ramblin', but probably only 3 to 4 this year with a late start and this virus mess. Probably do more boondocking vs. usual USFS campgrounds. Safe travels to all.

Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 125 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 715 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram / Twitter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Who's hitting the road this summer?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.