Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C’s with lots of windows
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C’s with lots of windows

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
pauldub

North of Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just leave the door open most of the time and have the screen door closed. I have 1/8" clear acrylic sheet covering the screen door. It's attached with velcro so I can easlily remove it but I almost never do. It makes the screen door into a storm door. I just leave the door open and the screen closed and run the heat or A/C as desired.

pauldub

North of Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe Lazy Daze motor homes tend to have bigger windows than most; however, their windows are very darkly tinted which seriously negates their size in my opinion.

DesertHiker

Bend, OR USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These are great suggestions! I am encouraged .. I am particularly intrigued by the BT Cruisers and the Lazy Daze. At least I know there are possibilities. Yes, I want a dinette or a couch on the same side as the door and I am a happy camper!

Being hot is a non-issue for me. In 34 years of RV camping, I think I have used the air conditioner maybe twice. A few other times to clear moisture out.

OK, I need to go check out Itasca now.

Thanks!
p.s. Can someone teach me how to reply to a message right in the forum. I find instructions for how to post a private message, but not how to say "thanks" to individual postings. Which is why you are receiving this mass-thank-you!

DesertHiker
home base is Bend, Oregon

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DesertHiker wrote:

These are great suggestions!
p.s. Can someone teach me how to reply to a message right in the forum. I find instructions for how to post a private message, but not how to say "thanks" to individual postings. Which is why you are receiving this mass-thank-you!

DesertHiker

Just hit quote on the Post that you want to say thanks to then thank them
As I have done here.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/20 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will attempt to explain, I may not be the best teacher so bear with me.

If you wanted to reply something that someone posted specifically, you could click 'Quote'
located on top of the posted msg. Link/Quote/Print/Notify Moderator/
a copy of that post will appear and you reply to it specifically.

You could also highlight part of what was posted and 'copy' it then use the 'Reply to Topic' once you do that you can paste the copied portion of the quote by using the icons with the quotation marks. typing in the poster tag/name is optional. Most people are not that old that we can't remember what we just said although our wives or partners will probably disagree with that.

DesertHiker

Bend, OR USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/20 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

DesertHiker wrote:

These are great suggestions!

DesertHiker

Just hit quote on the Post that you want to say thanks to then thank them
As I have done here.

Ah, quote. Not the most Intuituve! Silly me, I was looking for “reply”! Thank you!

DesertHiker

Bend, OR USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/20 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I do appreciate your encouragement! First morning out and I found and bought an RV that met all my criteria .... a 2018 Leprechaun! How great!

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the 21-24 foot lengths, the only way I know of to have big windows on both sides of the living room, is to have a couch on one side and a dinette on the other side, keeping in-mind that your permanent bed is the cab-over bunk. For many of us older folks, we need to sleep on the main floor. In a 21-24 foot length, that means the need to convert the living room into a bedroom (then back again) daily.....or live in a bedroom as we did with our first motor home which was not good.

We replaced that rig with our current one SEEN HERE which measures 23'-8" long end-to-end, a B+ with a permanent main floor double bed. We don't have a slide out so the driver-side has a nice size window. The passenger side does not. As others have mentioned, we open the door often to get the open-feel.

Having the extra captain seat is a reasonable compromise instead a couch to keep the rig short. We could have paid more for a window by that captain seat, but the seat itself would have covered it. Here is a stock photo of what it might have looked like, but this has the uncomfortable low back barrel seat that we replaced with the comfortable captain seat.
[image]

* This post was last edited 06/21/20 08:38am by ron.dittmer *   View edit history

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

ItsyRV

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/20 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a practical matter, small RV's have smaller real estate available for windows. Take the surface area of a small RV and start subtracting for bathrooms, storage, refrigerators, beds, dinette, sink cabinets, overhead storage bins, stove, door, structural framing, etc and you end up with not that much space for windows.

At times, the amount of window square footage really isn't as critical as the amount of light coming in or the view itself. A smaller window overlooking the river, mountain and tress is more fulfilling than a large picture window looking out at someones black tank hose and RV side.

1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

DesertHiker

Bend, OR USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ah yes, but after four trailers and one small motorhome without this problem,I knew I could prevail! Found a Leprechaun on my first foray out that met the bill beautifully. I need to be able to paint from the dinette if the weather isn’t cooperating.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Class C’s with lots of windows
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.