Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Snow Birds ??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snow Birds ??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
doxiemom11

Victoria TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/20 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are full-time and currently in MI. We will not be spending the winter here, so south it is. We have not decided where yet, but spent last winter and until June in TX waiting for our seasonal campground in MI to open so we could come. We were in a small community that as of June 1st had only 1 case in the county. Felt pretty safe there. We will not be going to any large park or crowded areas.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio wrote:

it's really hard to know how to make any future plans right now

Given what is happening in USA, and the location I would wish to visit, it is getting less hard. Unless there is a fairly dramatic change, I won't be risking going south.

Your information about Florida is pretty serious. I certainly appreciate you posting it.

* This post was edited 07/06/20 06:01pm by pianotuna *

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For what it’s worth, Medipac just sent us an email saying it is business as usual and we are covered for Covid. Now to see if the US let’s us in come October/November ish.

* This post was edited 07/06/20 06:19pm by Reisender *

Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That surprised me I spent some time on their website looking it. I ma not sure if they are only covering expenses if you have to cancel. It would be handy if you can confirm by calling them and confirm what is covered and post it here.

https://www.medipac.com/UserFiles/files/MedipacGuide.pdf

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tequila wrote:

That surprised me I spent some time on their website looking it. I ma not sure if they are only covering expenses if you have to cancel. It would be handy if you can confirm by calling them and confirm what is covered and post it here.

I hear ya. I’ll try and give them a call tomorrow. But here is the thing Tequila. Even if we get insurance, things will have to get a LOT better next door. And at least in the short term I don’t see that happening. There is a leadership vacuum down there right now and the virus has been turned into a political weapon. We are concerned about family and friends that live there as well as the American public in general. We like the rest of the world are stunned by what’s happening there. It’s like watching a slow motion train wreck. Simply a disaster.

* This post was edited 07/06/20 10:25pm by Reisender *

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Tequila wrote:

I hear ya. I’ll try and give them a call tomorrow. But here is the thing Tequila. Even if we get insurance, things will have to get a LOT better next door. And at least in the short term I don’t see that happening. There is a leadership vacuum down there right now and the virus has been turned into a political weapon. We are concerned about family and friends that live there as well as the American public in general. We like the rest of the are stunned by what’s happening there. It’s like watching a slow motion train wreck. Simply a disaster.

I actually also sent them an email. They also will sell one way US transit insurance northbound if you RV in Mexico and are covered down there under Mexican medicare which is the case if you have a resident card (I do). This is obviously a lot cheaper than buying travel insurance for 5-6 months, premiums of which reflect the cost in the US, not Mexico. Many of us in this position just buy travel insurance for US Transit and often sign up for Skymed as well. Medipac is the only company I have ever found who will do this with proof of Mexican coverage.

As for the train wreck in the US, I concur. I don't think the situation in Mexico is any better. I am in BC and its obvious we did something right. Keeping politics out of it is the key, I think.

camper19709

middletown,DE

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 10:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Making reservations. "we" will see.

Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

MarcoPolo8

Sublette, IL

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did last fall and winter at Imperial Dam LTVA in my FWC popup truck camper. South Mesa. BLM site says no more facilities provided there now. Contract for services is over. Find your own dump and water. No toilets or water fill or dumps at South Mesa any longer. Don't know what I'll do now. Was a perfect place to avoid Covid and take it easy.

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suspect quartzite will be popular. Mind you sitting in the desert self isolating is not my thing.

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was born, and have lived all my life in the US. I agree that the vibe I get from Canadians in this thread is of kindness and concern. They seem to be feeling what any of us would feel if we saw a neighbor caught up in a situation that was unhealthy and dangerous for them and others. A mix of wanting to help but not wanting to butt in.

I am grateful for the good wishes.

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snow Birds ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.