Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Snow Birds ??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snow Birds ??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, I think a lot of us are just waiting to see.

One thing that would make a huge difference, to me at least, would be news about what types of antibodies are protective in the long term, if any, and a test to see if I have them

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was very sick in Mexico in March, so I may

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

As we watch the Florida Covid numbers soar like the rockets we love to watch, we're having the "will we even go?" conversation. Fortunately, there are many months before we have to decide.

Florida reached 100,000 infection in the first 3 months, now 200,000 in 3 weeks, at that rate we may have herd immunity by year end. That's evolution I suppose, but not so great if you are one of the ones eliminated by natural selection.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tequila wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

As we watch the Florida Covid numbers soar like the rockets we love to watch, we're having the "will we even go?" conversation. Fortunately, there are many months before we have to decide.

Florida reached 100,000 infection in the first 3 months, now 200,000 in 3 weeks, at that rate we may have herd immunity by year end. That's evolution I suppose, but not so great if you are one of the ones eliminated by natural selection.

Tequila. Here is a link you may find interesting. Basically how Japan with an aged population was able to avoid high transmission and mortality rates from the virus. Basically a combination of a bunch of things. We here in BC did things very similarly and have had very good results. A combination of culture and leadership.

Cheers.

https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-internacional-53300653

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For Florida to get to herd immunity, they would have to have 200,000 dead from covid, just in Florida alone. It might happen, but it's not a pretty picture.

To maintain herd immunity in Florida for longer than one day, they would have to close their borders and not allow anyone from other states in the US in. They could let Canadians in, but only by plane, not with RVs.

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Tequila wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Tequila. Here is a link you may find interesting. Basically how Japan with an aged population was able to avoid high transmission and mortality rates from the virus. Basically a combination of a bunch of things. We here in BC did things very similarly and have had very good results. A combination of culture and leadership.

Cheers.

https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-internacional-53300653

Seen that, I am in BC so am aware of how well it was handled here

dalenoel

S.E. Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 08:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

We have a site in Florida and am making the same discussions. As time goes on I compare my county in MI with the county in Florida. Both are the same so the warm quarantine is better for us starting 11-1.

03 Monaco 36PBD DP - 06 Malibu Maxx Toad (SOLD) 18 Focus Toad
08 Jayco Eagle 322FKS (SOLD)
Wife and myself, Lutheran Deacon, Oreo the Malshi, and maybe a grandkid or two

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I suppose if you look at year end there is 6 months. I suspect they will cut corners if any promising vaccine appears. It may be a case of the lessor of 2 evils if things continue on the current trend. There are a lot interesting things happening that most may not be aware of.

One is G6PD deficiency. This genetic condition affects about 1 in 12 on the planet, mainly people of Mediterranean, African and Asian heritage. Rates in Italy are high which could help explain what happened there and may account for high death rates in Hispanic countries.

Some other interesting stuff is documented on this page (from a Mexico Rv caravan company) Covid

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually, the study of the US Navy sailors found hispanic people were less susceptible to covid than white people, when you factored in things like mask usage, exposures, etc.

Tequila

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio wrote:

Actually, the study of the US Navy sailors found hispanic people were less susceptible to covid than white people, when you factored in things like mask usage, exposures, etc.

who knows, the issue is not whether you get it but whether or not it kills you.

Anyway I found this article on the medical insurance issue for Canadians. Few would risk going without coverage

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/ne........-snowbirds-anxious-return-us/3249227001/

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snow Birds ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.