Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dish TV Pay-As-You-Go RV Plan
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dish TV Pay-As-You-Go RV Plan

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dish CS reps know nothing about the RV plans. The RV market is such a tiny part of their business, most CS reps will never have an RV call in their entire career.

I always and ONLY use Chat to talk to Dish. There it is easier to explain what I need. In general I try to avoid conversations with CS reps anywhere, but for Dish, I found it essential.

Now, we are full-timers, so it is something we depend upon all the time. Dish has updated the mobile app for my cell phone so I can see where the satellites are, and make sure I have a clear view of them when I try to setup the dish. I can change my location so that I get the local channels for that area - important for weather.

I might also add, if you have any television service at home, check into possible options.

AT&T has mobile plans for satellite users if people use Direct-TV at their home, or use any wired/ fiber AT&T television service.

But AT&T refuses to sell Direct-TV to people with no fixed base for their primary receiver setup. Dish is the only option for people like us who have no physical home base.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/20 07:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:

It depends upon the antenna and the box you have.

Basically - Dish uses three satellites in the west, two in the east. If the antenna has one LNB, with is the case with almost all dome type dishes - it can only 'see' one satellite at a time. Two different TVs can watch different channels from Dish, IF they are on the same satellite. If they are on different satellites, no can do.

If you have a three LNB antenna - it can 'see' all three western satellites at the same time, and different channels on different satellites can be viewed at the same time.

Just to clarify, Dish has three eastern satellites as well as three western arc satellites. The third eastern satellite at 77 is mostly SD duplicates and can't be received by all dishes, but it's pretty handy at times for those of us that can use it.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/20 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:

AT&T has mobile plans for satellite users if people use Direct-TV at their home, or use any wired/ fiber AT&T television service.

But AT&T refuses to sell Direct-TV to people with no fixed base for their primary receiver setup. Dish is the only option for people like us who have no physical home base.

There are many fulltime RV'ers that have DTV service with only their mail forwarding service as their address.

otrfun

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/20 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slightly off-topic, but does relate to access to TV while on the road.

AT&T includes unlimited access to 30-40 channels of DirecTV via the WatchTV app (with no charge for data) with some of their cell plans.

It's easy to "cast" from the WatchTV app to a home TV using a home wi-fi system.

However, anyone know if there's a way to cast from AT&T's iPhone WatchTV app to a TV (with Firestick, Chromecast, etc.) using wi-fi with *no* internet connection (and without using the iPhone personal hotspot)?

beemerphile1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/20 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do not and have never had Dish at home. We do have Dish "Pay as you Go" when we travel.

Using a Playmaker and a Wally we turn it on by making payment in the app. If we don't want it anymore, we just let it expire until we want it again.

I don't know about the credit comments, we have never actually canceled/paused the service, we just let it run out. Next time we are done with the service I will pause it and see if we get a credit to use later.

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dish TV Pay-As-You-Go RV Plan
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.