Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Any good/cheap electric razor for camping?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Any good/cheap electric razor for camping?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/20 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Healeyman wrote:

Camavenah wrote:

Anyone have any ideas? Under $50 dollars if possible.

Nearly ANY razor will work if you use it regularly, but during our recent "lockdown" I grew a beard for about 3 months.

When I got to hating it enough, I decided to shave it off.

My nearly-every-day razor is one of the 3 rotary head jobs and would do NOTHING towards getting rid of inch long hairs.

I bought THIS from Amazon. It is the one that is seen on TV for $29.95.

It is WONDERFUL!!! It takes off the growth down to about a 1-2 days length where my 3-head makes short work of it.

It USB charges fast and I have used it 3-4 times and have not recharged it yet.

Let it grow while you are gone and use THIS to take it off when you get back. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Amazon.com also has a bunch of Electric Razors in the $25 range.

Tim
I looked at those just a few days ago. Yep, if a person wants to just take it down to short stubble (5:00 shadow) those Micro Touch Solos look like the way to go.

If you want to shave every day and keep the face smooth, the one I've had and been using for about a dozen years is the Panasonic ES4815P-S twin foil shaver. It runs on 2 AA cells (I recommend a pair of L91 "Energizer Advanced Lithium" because they store well, maintain good voltage, and rarely leak). About $37 on Amazon.
Panasonic It isn't as good as my Braun with series 5 cutter/foil (on a series 8 shaver, lol) and will tend to miss a few hairs around the back of my jaw, but then I don't think any such travel shaver will be as good as a regular one.

* This post was edited 06/26/20 07:15pm by rexlion *

Mike G.
--for now, using a cargo trailer for camping--
Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/20 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have always used the rotary type vs the back and forth models. I think they are easier on ones delicate skin.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is what I just bought and it works well.

Aposen Electric Razor for Men, USB Rechargeable Foil Shaver with LED Display, Wet & Dry Electric Shaver IPX7 100% Waterproof Cordless Foil Razor, G5 Black
Sold by: APOSEN TECH
Return eligible through Jul 18, 2020
$26.99

Rice

Wandering

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 10:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

s1214 wrote:

Sometimes I work out of my camper and have to be clean shaven and presentable. Many years ago I bought a battery operated Braun that runs on 2 AA batteries and it's still going strong. They no longer make that model but it's similar to this Braun..

I picked up one of those little blue Brauns for $10 in the clearance section at Walgreens several years ago. I've had a few "regular" Brauns over the past 30 years or so (currently a Series 7 or 8--got it at Costco last year) and the little blue one is the best shaving one of all.

edatlanta

Jennings Ferry Campground-Camp Host, Akron, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/20 06:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't shaved with a blade in 50 years at least. My recommendation would be anything Braun. Pick your model. They are all good and just the features are different. I have a $35.00 blue one that I keep in my briefcase just in case and a full featured model for every day use that is ten years old and keeps on going.

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Rice

Wandering

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 10:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Speaking of Braun, I'm assuming y'all all know that you can refill the cartridges yourself, instead of buying a new one every month.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Any good/cheap electric razor for camping?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.