Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Black Water Accident
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Black Water Accident

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It now will become much easier to remember to lubricate the exterior valve rod with full hookups. Lol

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/20 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope that you are not connecting the water at the campsite to your black tank rinser...likewise I hope you are not tying up the line at the dump station with a 20 min tank rinse either.

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab Long Box, Cummins diesel

Under renovations:
2002 Lance 811 Slide-In Camper
Follow the Renovation here!

SOLD: 2001 K2500 Suburban LT 8.1L/4.10
2008 Terry 34' TT many mods, Hensley Hitch

Mickeyfan0805

SE Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/20 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BurbMan wrote:

I hope that you are not connecting the water at the campsite to your black tank rinser...

Why?

falconbrother

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/01/20 03:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hate to even tell this one.. We were at a dog show a few years ago that is notorious for doing a not so good job of assigning campsites. They gave me a tough site to get in with the sewer line being uphill, slightly. Well, the guy said, just walk the hose up with your hands and empty it that way. It's easy he says. I do it all the time he says.. So, I go to empty my tank and walk that hose and wouldn't you know it.. It was a multi hose distance. One of the connections of the two hoses comes apart and I get it but, good. Head to toe. In that instant I was most thankful that no one saw a bloody thing. Then I hosed off as good as I could and stripped off everything into the garbage bag you get reincarnated as when you die as Hitler. I took a shower, put on some clean clothes and found a laundry mat. It was on the bad side of town so, robbery was a real concern.

When that happened we had just traded out old class A motorhome on a new travel trailer. The travel trailer has big tanks. Knowing what I know now I could have gone the whole week without worrying about emptying the black tank.

I didn't gain any super powers but, that arm that grew out of my back itches from time to time..

All of the perfect people won't understand a thing that happened here..

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 02:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why not add a 3rd valve to the end of the run. This way only a small amout of stuff can get in there. So, on mine I have black and grey valves, if opened the 3rd valve will hold it back. Then an end cap. I thought everyone did this? Like this https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-Twist-On-Waste-Valve/dp/B000BGHYJS/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=rv+waste+valve&qid=1593719995&sr=8-3

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/20 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mickeyfan0805 wrote:

BurbMan wrote:

I hope that you are not connecting the water at the campsite to your black tank rinser...

Why?

I with you , how else are you supost to use it?

AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the darling kid from next door think it was funny to open & close the black tank valve. So when I took off the cap…… What a mess. Told papa and got deer in the headlights.

2014 Leprechaun 290QB
Chevy 2400 6.0
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

pmlevine

Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/20 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BurbMan wrote:

I hope that you are not connecting the water at the campsite to your black tank rinser...likewise I hope you are not tying up the line at the dump station with a 20 min tank rinse either.

Well, there is a waste drain at each campsite, so no, I am not making other folks wait while I try to jet rinse the black tank. This model TT came equipped with a built-in jet rinse for the black tank. There is a separate, dedicated hose port on the TT specifically for the jet rinse. I only use the jet rinse after first draining the black tank, then the grey tank. The jet rinse is done with only the black valve open, and is the last thing I do before leaving the campsite.
So I also don’t understand why BurpMan does not like the idea of hooking up a hose from the campsite water supply to the separate jet rinse port on the TT.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/20 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BurbMan wrote:

You do realize, they have a back flow preventer for a reason...right?

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/20 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even without it its not siphoning the black tank back through a 25 foot hose under pressure. Will never happen.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Black Water Accident
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.