Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Least stressful route from Hiawassee, GA to Pikeville, TN?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Least stressful route from Hiawassee, GA to Pikeville, TN?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
ShawnCBerg

New Port Richey, FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Traveling from Mountain View Campground in Hiawassee, GA to Mountain Glen RV Park & Campground in Pikeville, TN towing a 32' travel trailer. RV Trip Wizard originally was routing me through Highway 64 W (US-64) which I've read is a really windy with some sharp turns.

Can anyone recommend a better route?

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, cant help on the route as we approach from a different direction, but Mountain Glen is one of our favorite CGs. Very laid back, great location.

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

64 is a much better road today... one of my favorite in a 45’ MH except for the slow moving 4 wheelers from FLa. The 2 bad curves have been widened through the Ocoee gorge... the only curvy part as much of it is a divided 4 lane,

Unfortunately once in the gorge there are not many places where you can pull over and get out of the way.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

08 HR Navigator 45'
Sold 04 Dynasty after 14 great years.
[url=https://i.

jaycocamprs

Ringgold Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What Ivylog posted is quite true, the road is much better now. However if you are planning on taking this trip on a weekend I would not use US-64. I would take US-76 all the way to I-75 at Dalton GA. Then I-75 north to TN-153 in Chattanooga. Take TN-153 north to US-27 north, then TN-111 to Dunlap TN and US-127 north to Pikeville TN.
TVA releases water on the week ends and the Ocoee Gorge becomes one large traffic jam of rafting company buses, kayakers & others who stop and look or park everywhere.

2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Least stressful route from Hiawassee, GA to Pikeville, TN?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.