Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Stay on your own side....
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Stay on your own side....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 12:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/2-americans-........antining-after-entering-canada-1.5011058

Gary Haupt

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 12:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I thought the border was closed to non-essential traffic since mid-March. I wonder why they were allowed to enter?

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Lwiddis

Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/20 01:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Americans need to respect Canadian law and closed border.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

vermilye

Oswego, NY, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/20 01:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are allowed to drive through on the way to Alaska, however spending time seeing the sights in Canada is not allowed.

Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
My Photo & RV link blog

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 01:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Americans are not accustomed to a government that means what it says. You guys should award the perps $300,000 and give them the medal of freedom.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 01:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good. You're not in the USA anymore.

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/20 01:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alaska has a 2 week quarantine also. Anyone traveling to Alaska from outside must quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival. Were they traveling home to Alaska? Probably should have stayed put, or parked and flew home. Sounds like they deserve the fine.

Also, very surprised they were let in. I have a fried who was having a truck serviced in BC before the boarders were shut down. When he went to pick it up they would not allow him in to pick it up. He had to pay to have it towed across the boarder so he could take it home.

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 02:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thermoguy wrote:

Alaska has a 2 week quarantine also. Anyone traveling to Alaska from outside must quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival. Were they traveling home to Alaska? Probably should have stayed put, or parked and flew home. Sounds like they deserve the fine.

Also, very surprised they were let in. I have a fried who was having a truck serviced in BC before the boarders were shut down. When he went to pick it up they would not allow him in to pick it up. He had to pay to have it towed across the boarder so he could take it home.

Kinda apples and oranges wit the truck problem. The truck was serviced IN BC, then he wanted to take INTO the US. This is about being IN the US and wanting to enter Canada.

There is a cross border agreement...people in Canada can use land travel into the US for essential travel. Same applies for US citizens entering Canada. The essential travel part seems to mostly apply to folks that are going TO home in Alaska..or going FROM Alaska to home in the US.

People are arriving at the CDN border crossing claiming to be going TO Alaska...when they aren't. Why on earth someone would do that is beyond me.

The odd thing is...a person can fly either way impunity.

Gary

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 03:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is an old saying There you go thinking you have rights.

Under the Constitution of the United States a citizen has rights when in the United States... Once you set foot outside the USA... Well. Your rights are kind of up to where you are setting said foot.

Just now the USA is basically locked in (not down but in) Far as I know we are NOT welcome outside of our own borders except for those who have been "off shore for some time (Example someone who went to France say last Christmas.. and is still there).

I do have friends who cross. usually from Detroit to Windsor and back on a "Semi Regular" basis. .but the Semi in that sentence has dual meaning.
ONE: the schedule varies.. somewhat.. depending on where in the USA he's going and two: He (And his wife) are driving a Semi.. Usually full of food and that is considered an essential service. And even then, depending on which province he is in he may be "Stuck in the truck".

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/20 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"The Canada-U.S. border is closed, but Am........ns are still coming through. Here's how."

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Stay on your own side....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.