Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Lacrosse quality?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Lacrosse quality?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
HaulinBass02

Springtown, Texas, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/20 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So after much thinking, we are going to try and buy a new TT. Our fam is just too big to comfortably travel in what we have now. We went out shopping and my wife fell IN LOVE with a new Lacrosse 3360BI. It hits all the check marks including size and weight for our Excursion tow rig.
I’ve never heard of Prime Time RV and Lacrosse, although I haven’t perused new campers in quite a while. Overall it appears to be very well built. Does anyone have any thoughts or concerns with the Lacrosse TT and that floor plan?
We kinda have to move quick on this purchase as that particular floor plan is limited to deal stock and they only have 2 left....

2005 Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0L PSD
2008 R-Vision Trail-lite 30BH

Me (DH), DW, 3 boys, 2 girls

Lwiddis

Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/20 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even a 15 year old Excursion will be challenged by an 11000 pound TT and 38 feet of box IMO.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Mickeyfan0805

SE Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/20 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HaulinBass02 wrote:

So after much thinking, we are going to try and buy a new TT. Our fam is just too big to comfortably travel in what we have now. We went out shopping and my wife fell IN LOVE with a new Lacrosse 3360BI. It hits all the check marks including size and weight for our Excursion tow rig.
I’ve never heard of Prime Time RV and Lacrosse, although I haven’t perused new campers in quite a while. Overall it appears to be very well built. Does anyone have any thoughts or concerns with the Lacrosse TT and that floor plan?
We kinda have to move quick on this purchase as that particular floor plan is limited to deal stock and they only have 2 left....

We haven't looked at trailers since we bought in 2012 - but we very much liked Prime Time rigs at the time. That said, I'm going to be 'that guy' and encourage you to really consider the match. A 37'7" trailer, with a 'dry' weight of 8,200 pounds, is a lot for an excursion.

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/20 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your best bet is to get on the Prime Time Forum and see what kind of problems OWNERS are experiencing, not what others have HEARD.

More than anything, you need to find out what kind of warranty and more importantly, service from the dealership that you purchase from.

The RV industry is being inundated with new RVers who want all the bells and whistles, but have no idea what really counts - the workmanship. You will get all sorts of workmanship extremes (both ways) on any RV brand. Once you find what you want, go over it with a fine tooth comb, or have someone who knows to do it for/with you. That is how you can guarantee to some extent, not purchasing a lemon.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

starlord

Wichita Falls, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have owned a Lacrosse since 2013 and I have been very happy with it. Only problem we've had is with the 4 door refer that came with it...but that's not the trailers fault since those refers don't do good in slide outs with high temps. We also lived in it for a year and it never gave us any problems.

HaulinBass02

Springtown, Texas, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/20 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mickeyfan0805 wrote:

HaulinBass02 wrote:

We haven't looked at trailers since we bought in 2012 - but we very much liked Prime Time rigs at the time. That said, I'm going to be 'that guy' and encourage you to really consider the match. A 37'7" trailer, with a 'dry' weight of 8,200 pounds, is a lot for an excursion.

Considering my 6.0 diesel Excursion is rated for 11k and is the SUV version of a Superduty, I’m not concerned. Especially since I have upgraded the suspension to match that of an F-350. Running gear is the same as all Superduty trucks of that era. Frame is pretty much the same as well. But that is not the question here as I am an experienced RVer, this will be our 4th camper in 16 years, but again I digress.

The build quality, from my limited time looking over the camper at the dealer, appeared to be better than the last mid-level camper we bought. I shall saunter over and find a Lacrosse forum and see what’s going on over there.

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice looking trailer and floorplan.

I'd be concerned however pulling a 37+ foot trailer that will likely weigh in at 10K with anything other than 3/4 ton truck.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/20 09:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lacrosse quality is pretty good. As good as most, not necessarily better than any others. I had a 2016 Lacrosse 324RST. I did have a few issues with it, but mostly with standard components. A/C was replaced under warranty. Control board on the Dometic fridge went out.. also warranty. I did experience the dreaded cap fade, and that was out of the regular warranty period. Primetime paid to have my cap painted. The wall for the bathroom was warped and also rebuilt under warranty. Friend of mine is on his third PrimeTime RV and he's been very happy with all three.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

APT

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/20 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go for it! PrimeTime was started as a Premium Forest River brand. Build quality is same as everything else in the industry. Find a good PDI checklist and enjoy.

A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dont know your specs, but a quick internet search says the top towing Excursion is 11k#. If your trailer of choice is 11k# before adding all your gear, I'd recommend upgrading your tow vehicle. I'm not saying people dont tow over their limts every day, just that......its inadvisable.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Lacrosse quality?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.