Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Freedom elite toilet
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Freedom elite toilet

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/20 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cvk wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I removed the toilet and there is no name tag anywhere. But the lid does say thetford. Ordered a new one rather than buy parts to fix because the parts, lid, valve and gaskets almost as much, over half the price of new. And the T bolts were so corroded I had to cut the bolts off with my angle grinder which heated up the bolt and damaged floor flange and toilet base. And besides my DW had already said just buy a new one??. Happy wife .....you know the rest and it’s been over 50 years we’ve been married.

Just make sure the rear water valve is in the same location on the new toilet so you do not have a possible clearance issue.
My H/C water lines run along the floor behind my toilet and the lines are covered inside a wooden enclosure. The water valve at the rear of the new toilet hit the enclosure. I was able to alter the nut by shaving off a little plastic on the nut. I was lucky . [emoticon]

grampachet

West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/20 11:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all for your input. I received my new one and it fit perfectly.
Now the slide quit. When I took it apart I found a broken shaft and stripped gear. Two of the four mounting bolts on the motor/gear case were loose the other two were on the bottom of the cover.
Waiting on new parts..................have patience.....

2004 F-250 KIngRanch,CC,SB,SRW,4x4,V-10,3.73
2008 Montana 3000RK

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Freedom elite toilet
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.