Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: AGM upgrade
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> AGM upgrade

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you change to Lithium, almost positive it will require a change to your Converter, because Lithium is the battery that requires special charging.
I recently changed to AGMs and contacted Progressive about my converter and was told I was good to go.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

corvettekent wrote:

AGM is still a lead acid battery so no need to change your charging system. BTW you will not be upgrading by switching to the AGM as it won't last 8 years.

If you don't already have one a multi stage, multi battery chemistry, battery charger is advisable.

Coming from the marine world, where you don't want batteries gassing into the bilge of your boat, I am a big fan of AGM batterys.

Expect up to 3 times the service life out of an AGM compared to a wet cell. I got 9 seasons out of my 4D Lifeline. It performed well to the end when death was quick. It was never left on a battery tender during its typical 5 months of storage each year.

2019-2020 the battery was left without any attention for 9 months & had power to operate 5er legs & slides before it was connected to a charger.

No they are not cheap. The payoff is in years of maintenance free service.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> AGM upgrade
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.