Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Roadside Assistance Programs
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Roadside Assistance Programs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
pulpwood007

Hemphill, TX

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have purchased Coach-Net for years, but have never really had need to use their assistance. My subscription lapsed and when I went to renew the price had gone up substantially. In addition I read many comments on a deterioration of their service.

In addition, I read many negative comments on Good Sam service.

That leaves FMCA. Priced in the middle and comments no better or worse.

I know there have been many threads on this subject over the years, but since these companies change quality frequently, I'd appreciate any comments or thoughts on which might currently be the best value. Thanks.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/20 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FMCA and the Escapees RV Club both use SafeRide Motor Club as their ERS provider, and Good Sam uses Allstate Motor Club as their provider. On the other hand Coach-Net is an ERS provider that other companies, such as Ford, contract with as their ERS provider. Your vehicle insurance company may also offer an ERS plan, usually at a lower rate than the independent plans, but with limited benefits. Progressive uses Cross Country Motor Club, and Allstate is obvious, but I don't know who the others use.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we,ve had coach net for about five years used them three times not a problem. one time it only took them fifteen min and they were there to help.

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/20 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have AAA Plus RV - they will tow you up to 100 miles. We recently had to use them and went great. He had to take the rear 2 wheels off our 5th wheel and tow it nose low. Chained up the rear axel, etc. Did a great job, really nice guy. It did take him a while to get to us but we were quite a distance from the town he was coming from. We were actually lucky to even have cell service where we broke down in the ID mountains. Anyway, I've been happy with AAA.

8ntw8tn

Southeast Iowa & Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had Coach-Net since 2010. I've used them twice to tow the truck/rv combo and once to tow the truck only. In addition, they've come out to replace a blown tire, or one that was about to, 3 times. All it has cost me was my annual premium and the cost necessary to replace the damaged tires. Each time the service guys were quite capable and did things properly. I just don't have anything but good things to say about the service I've received from them; it's been well worth the cost of the premiums. Hope this helps.

'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

pulpwood007

Hemphill, TX

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/20 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

8ntw8tn wrote:

I've had Coach-Net since 2010. I've used them twice to tow the truck/rv combo and once to tow the truck only. In addition, they've come out to replace a blown tire, or one that was about to, 3 times. All it has cost me was my annual premium and the cost necessary to replace the damaged tires. Each time the service guys were quite capable and did things properly. I just don't have anything but good things to say about the service I've received from them; it's been well worth the cost of the premiums. Hope this helps.

My research show comments of folks that have recently had bad results with Coach-Net being responsive or not paying the claim. Who knows......could just be their unusual situation. Apparently the company sold a few years ago, and not operating in the same manner.

It's just that I don't get any better overall opinions for the other companies out there.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/19/20 06:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we've had Good Sam ERS since 1986, used them several times with no complaints although the last use i can recall was several years ago.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

seems they all might have some problems. I,d bet the problem starts with person on the other end of the phone, they don,t care, don,t really KNOW HOW to help you,after all yesterday they were top burger flipper at burger king.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/20/20 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also went with AAA premium service which covers my RV. I only used them once for a flat tire. The tech had to drive about 100 miles in both directions. I have used AAA for years with our cars. We never had a charge or an issue with coverage except for the time needed to send out a tow truck. Typically that has been less than half an hour which seems forever while you are waiting by the side of the road.

AAA will also respond if you are a passenger in another person's car that has an issue.

Seon

Lake Camanche, CA

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/20 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have AAA but I read, AAA is not available in all the states(?).

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Roadside Assistance Programs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.