Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Prev  |  Next
wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

Senior Member

Joined: 07/26/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/31/21 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I paid $ 42,000 for my 2014 Ram 2500 , 110 thousand miles ago . I just asked Kelly Blue Book what it would bring in a private party sale , they sez $31,691 .I ain't lookin to sell but I was curious after 19 pages of discussion , I bought my first 3 bedroom house for $9,700 in 1959 .

4x4ord

Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 12/23/2010

View Profile



Posted: 08/31/21 09:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

^^^^ What kind of numbers would you be looking at now if you were to trade in your truck for a 2022? (You’re probably hoping/waiting for Ram to put a ZF 8 speed behind the Cummins?) Do you still have the ‘14 or did you trade it for a ‘16?


Nope, still have the 14 and it will be the truck my son drives in the coming years when he is old enough. Don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Only looked at the trade in value in 2016 to compare values for the gaser versus diesel spreadsheet I had.

If anything I will just get a new truck when I hand it down in about 4 years. After all, it has been paid off since 2018 and the $900 payments I used to pay have been going to growing some investments since then.



And Shiner probably changes his oil and air filters and stuff, so his truck should last a long time! LOL


It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts once he hands it off to a 16 year old.[emoticon]


2021 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

ShinerBock

LVTX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 09/01/21 06:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

^^^^ What kind of numbers would you be looking at now if you were to trade in your truck for a 2022? (You’re probably hoping/waiting for Ram to put a ZF 8 speed behind the Cummins?) Do you still have the ‘14 or did you trade it for a ‘16?


Nope, still have the 14 and it will be the truck my son drives in the coming years when he is old enough. Don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Only looked at the trade in value in 2016 to compare values for the gaser versus diesel spreadsheet I had.

If anything I will just get a new truck when I hand it down in about 4 years. After all, it has been paid off since 2018 and the $900 payments I used to pay have been going to growing some investments since then.



And Shiner probably changes his oil and air filters and stuff, so his truck should last a long time! LOL


It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts once he hands it off to a 16 year old.[emoticon]


My son is very much like me. While he and I don't care about how it looks or how dirty it is, we take very good care of the mechanical portion of things. My brother and wife are the opposite. They keep their vehicles spotless, but will go way over their maintenance intervals.

If my brother and I were selling our mostly identical trucks today, most people would buy my brother's due to how spotless it is not knowing that he would go thousands of miles over his oil change interval, forget to put on his air filter clamp so it was sucking in unfiltered air for 30k miles until I found it and quickly replaced it, never greases his driveshaft, never changed his diff/trans/transfer case oil, and so on. He is the reason why I don't buy used vehicles based on how "spotless" they are.


2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Timmo!

Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 03/10/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/01/21 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

August of 2005 I bought my F150 4x4 Lariat with every option available and paid $36k, financed by Ford's no interest loan. Today it has 77,500 miles. Drove to South Central Oregon a few weeks ago and it averaged 18.5 MPG; around town 13.5 MPG.

When towing TT, it blesses me with 9-10 MPG, even more if I didn't drive 60-65 MPH. My brother in law just paid $75k for his new "used" F250. WTF I say....


Let's Go Brandon!!!!
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed


Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/01/21 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

August of 2005 I bought my F150 4x4 Lariat with every option available and paid $36k, financed by Ford's no interest loan. Today it has 77,500 miles. Drove to South Central Oregon a few weeks ago and it averaged 18.5 MPG; around town 13.5 MPG.

When towing TT, it blesses me with 9-10 MPG, even more if I didn't drive 60-65 MPH. My brother in law just paid $75k for his new "used" F250. WTF I say....

I'm not trying to justify your bro. in laws purchase $75K is a lot for a F250.
But there is really no comprison betwen a 2020 F250 and a 2005 F-150.
Your talking apples and oranges and 16 years of technology.


19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide


ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/01/21 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MY son in law has a 2022 F250 Lariat in production as I type this. The MSRP is $78,230.00.. SELLING price is $69,750.00.. THESE trucks have gotten WAY expensive ! !


Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet


4x4ord

Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 12/23/2010

View Profile



Posted: 09/01/21 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

^^^^ What kind of numbers would you be looking at now if you were to trade in your truck for a 2022? (You’re probably hoping/waiting for Ram to put a ZF 8 speed behind the Cummins?) Do you still have the ‘14 or did you trade it for a ‘16?


Nope, still have the 14 and it will be the truck my son drives in the coming years when he is old enough. Don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Only looked at the trade in value in 2016 to compare values for the gaser versus diesel spreadsheet I had.

If anything I will just get a new truck when I hand it down in about 4 years. After all, it has been paid off since 2018 and the $900 payments I used to pay have been going to growing some investments since then.




And Shiner probably changes his oil and air filters and stuff, so his truck should last a long time! LOL


It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts once he hands it off to a 16 year old.[emoticon]


My son is very much like me. While he and I don't care about how it looks or how dirty it is, we take very good care of the mechanical portion of things. My brother and wife are the opposite. They keep their vehicles spotless, but will go way over their maintenance intervals.

If my brother and I were selling our mostly identical trucks today, most people would buy my brother's due to how spotless it is not knowing that he would go thousands of miles over his oil change interval, forget to put on his air filter clamp so it was sucking in unfiltered air for 30k miles until I found it and quickly replaced it, never greases his driveshaft, never changed his diff/trans/transfer case oil, and so on. He is the reason why I don't buy used vehicles based on how "spotless" they are.


I’m not saying your son will follow any specific pattern[emoticon] but my perception of things is that young men pay a lot more for insurance vs young girls because they tend to be terrible drivers. It seems as though the more the boy loves his car the more likely he is to crash it. Many of the kids I know with lifted and tuned trucks are a lot more likely to wreck their truck than the girl who fails to follow the proper maintenance schedule.

ShinerBock

LVTX

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2015

View Profile



Posted: 09/01/21 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:


I’m not saying your son will follow any specific pattern[emoticon] but my perception of things is that young men pay a lot more for insurance vs young girls because they tend to be terrible drivers. It seems as though the more the boy loves his car the more likely he is to crash it. Many of the kids I know with lifted and tuned trucks are a lot more likely to wreck their truck than the girl who fails to follow the proper maintenance schedule.


Oh it won't be his. It will still be mine and he will not be able to sell it or modify it in any way unless he buys it from me for the full value. If I see he is not taking care of it or is not helping me at the farm (which is why he needs an HD truck) then I will just buy him the cheapest car or truck I can find. I will let him borrow it as long as he is in school (high school, college, trade school, etc...) and if he completes college/trade school and it is still running, then it is his free of charge. My dad did the same with me.

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/01/21 02:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

August of 2005 I bought my F150 4x4 Lariat with every option available and paid $36k, financed by Ford's no interest loan. Today it has 77,500 miles. Drove to South Central Oregon a few weeks ago and it averaged 18.5 MPG; around town 13.5 MPG.
Excellent!

I gave about $31,000 in 2001 with most every option but the rear seat entertainment and no sunroof. No zero % back before 9-11.
205,000 miles now getting 8 towing and maybe 14 around town.
Everything works great except the CD player.
Probably my last truck with todays prices.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 04/08/2002

View Profile



Posted: 09/01/21 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

MY son in law has a 2022 F250 Lariat in production as I type this. The MSRP is $78,230.00.. SELLING price is $69,750.00.. THESE trucks have gotten WAY expensive ! !


Used vehicles are real expensive now too.

It is all relative.



Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
Full Body Paint, 3, 8K axles, Disc Brakes
17.5 LRH commercial tires
1020 watts solar,
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.



Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.