Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Prev  |  Next
Devo the dog

Moved out of crazy California

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/21 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Big deal. If the SRW 7.3 gas Ford I end up with still has the problem, I'm fairly certain that Ford will either fix it before delivery or I could refuse it until it's fixed. So, dream up stupid bye-don conclusions all you want.

That's better than the Ram record of two appointments for a emissions update (recall), and three appointments to address a safety recall (bed step).

Every car I have ever owned, rented and test drove has had a functioning radio, heater and AC. Ram couldn't fix a 2019 Laramie's problems while under warranty. LOL.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/21 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

It would be interesting to know how many weeks income it takes of, say a school teacher, to equal the cost of a 4x4 crew cab pick up now vs in 2000. Regardless for many people the older they get the wealthier they get and the easier it is to purchase a vehicle. My first vehicle nearly emptied my piggy bank.

And part of the issue. Not everyone “should” be able to afford a new 4x4 crew cab pickup. But there sure are a lot of stout car loans out there….

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/21 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Devo the dog wrote:

Big deal. If the SRW 7.3 gas Ford I end up with still has the problem, I'm fairly certain that Ford will either fix it before delivery or I could refuse it until it's fixed. So, dream up stupid bye-don conclusions all you want.

That's better than the Ram record of two appointments for a emissions update (recall), and three appointments to address a safety recall (bed step).

Every car I have ever owned, rented and test drove has had a functioning radio, heater and AC. Ram couldn't fix a 2019 Laramie's problems while under warranty. LOL.

If it stops your incessant complaining I’ll give you a pro tip…
Vehicles with major electrical issues sometimes have a short and catch fire….[emoticon]

Devo the dog

Moved out of crazy California

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/21 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Vehicles with major electrical issues sometimes have a short and catch fire….[emoticon]

And that's why I'm never going to buy a Ram again, or recommend that anyone buy one. They are overpriced pieces of Bye-don dung.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/21 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

It would be interesting to know how many weeks income it takes of, say a school teacher, to equal the cost of a 4x4 crew cab pick up now vs in 2000. Regardless for many people the older they get the wealthier they get and the easier it is to purchase a vehicle. My first vehicle nearly emptied my piggy bank.

And part of the issue. Not everyone “should” be able to afford a new 4x4 crew cab pickup. But there sure are a lot of stout car loans out there….

I have met a lot of people that sincerely believe they own a very nice vehicle while in reality the bank that financed the vehicle owns the person driving the vehicle.

As for teacher pay, everyone I know that has voiced an opinion thinks that teachers should be paid more. Very few of those people are willing to pay more taxes to make that possible. While the people that determine teacher pay have an obligation to provide their students a good education they also have an obligation to the taxpayers to use tax money prudently. Plus, a lot of people, like my wife, really want to be a teacher and will work for whatever is offered. It is sad but it is common knowledge that you make more money going from high school to Home Depot than as a degreed and certified elementary school teacher in most of this country.

fx2tom

CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/21 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

We are going to buy a new Ford Ranger this weekend so we set up financing through our credit union. Credit Union offered the same rate from 37 months to 75 months (we are doing 36 months and hoping to pay off in 12 as it's our only debt). No wonder people can buy such pricey trucks when you finance them for over 6 years. I've seen dealers advertise 84 month low interest loans. That's why people keep buying them, you can get a mortgage on it!

2002 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3l 4x4 CCSB
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport M-26FBSP

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/21 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Devo the dog wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

And that's why I'm never going to buy a Ram again, or recommend that anyone buy one. They are overpriced pieces of Bye-don dung.

You seem to be struggling with this emotionally, man....
It might help to talk it out though. You know, I hear that's a good technique for getting over the stress disorders.

Let's start with your continued association with a future, yet to be elected, maybe not even nominated as a candidate, US president, in 2018/19 with the problems with your truck, or more specifically the truck AND the dealer.

I can share too. Hi my name is _____ and I have had a lemon vehicle too. So I can sympathize with you.....
Oh wait, it was actually a Ford, 2008 F 150 to be specific...Nevermind, you wouldn't accept or understand.

* This post was edited 09/03/21 01:46pm by Grit dog *

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/21 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

I have met a lot of people that sincerely believe they own a very nice vehicle while in reality the bank that financed the vehicle owns the person driving the vehicle.

As for teacher pay, everyone I know that has voiced an opinion thinks that teachers should be paid more. Very few of those people are willing to pay more taxes to make that possible. While the people that determine teacher pay have an obligation to provide their students a good education they also have an obligation to the taxpayers to use tax money prudently. Plus, a lot of people, like my wife, really want to be a teacher and will work for whatever is offered. It is sad but it is common knowledge that you make more money going from high school to Home Depot than as a degreed and certified elementary school teacher in most of this country.

I don't disagree one bit as far as average (national) teachers salaries go, in general.
At the same time I have my own more specific opinions on that not pertinent to the discussion.

That does not change the notion of financial responsibility that if (making up numbers here) a person "should" make $100k a year to responsibly "afford" a new $50k vehicle every 5 years, that those who only make $50k a year teaching 3rd grade or working at Home Depot should expect to be able to afford a new $50k vehicle every 5 years without some concessions elsewhere.

But then, you also have to go apples to apples on the vehicle comparison or apply a factor to the additional power/features of a new rig vs the same or similar 20 years ago.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/21 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fx2tom wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

We are going to buy a new Ford Ranger this weekend so we set up financing through our credit union. Credit Union offered the same rate from 37 months to 75 months (we are doing 36 months and hoping to pay off in 12 as it's our only debt). No wonder people can buy such pricey trucks when you finance them for over 6 years. I've seen dealers advertise 84 month low interest loans. That's why people keep buying them, you can get a mortgage on it!

Yup, the upper limits of loan amounts and terms are somewhere between irresponsible for the buyer and predatory for the lender.

Proj mgr that works for me, young guy who don't have $50k in cash laying around just yet but can afford a $50k truck no problem just bought a used Duramax.
2016 Loaded Dmax with 100k miles on it. He paid $50k (in this market, not so bad I suppose....??). Got 2.99% offer, took 1 minute to talk bank down to 2.5%. Bank would loan up to $60k on that truck for 96months!!!
He was stunned. He was putting about 50% down, so didn't matter to him, but the max offering on that truck is a guaranteed upside down loan situation waiting to happen.

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/21 10:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I priced out a new motorcycle and set up the way I’d like it came to $46,000 ….. makes $85k for a loaded diesel Super Duty seem like a good deal.

2021 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.