Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Prev  |  Next
goducks10

There

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/03/21 11:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Devo the dog wrote:

Grit dog wrote:


Vehicles with major electrical issues sometimes have a short and catch fire….[emoticon]

And that's why I'm never going to buy a Ram again, or recommend that anyone buy one. They are overpriced pieces of Bye-don dung.


https://www.jdpower.com/Cars/Ratings/Ram-Truck/2021

Groover

Pulaski, TN

Senior Member

Joined: 10/17/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/04/21 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

Devo the dog wrote:

Grit dog wrote:


Vehicles with major electrical issues sometimes have a short and catch fire….[emoticon]

And that's why I'm never going to buy a Ram again, or recommend that anyone buy one. They are overpriced pieces of Bye-don dung.


https://www.jdpower.com/Cars/Ratings/Ram-Truck/2021


I think that almost every brand has had at least one horror story. I used to be a Mopar guy. What drove me away was the local dealer where I lived then. A dealer can make or break a company in their region but too many of them seem to be uncontrolled.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/04/21 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't worry Sleepy J. is going to solve your price of your new trucks just like he has fixed everything else to date.

* This post was edited 09/04/21 06:55am by FishOnOne *


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2003

View Profile


Online
Posted: 09/04/21 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

I priced out a new motorcycle and set up the way I’d like it came to $46,000 ….. makes $85k for a loaded diesel Super Duty seem like a good deal.
Yikes! A lot of money for a motorcycle!
In 1985 I bought a new Honda V45 Magna. I don't remember exactly but seems to me I paid about 4500 - 4600 for it.
One tenth of your price, wow.


2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS - 32'

RV Rebuild Website
Site is live, finally launched Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:53 PM
.


Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/04/21 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

Devo the dog wrote:

Grit dog wrote:


Vehicles with major electrical issues sometimes have a short and catch fire….[emoticon]

And that's why I'm never going to buy a Ram again, or recommend that anyone buy one. They are overpriced pieces of Bye-don dung.


https://www.jdpower.com/Cars/Ratings/Ram-Truck/2021


I think that almost every brand has had at least one horror story. I used to be a Mopar guy. What drove me away was the local dealer where I lived then. A dealer can make or break a company in their region but too many of them seem to be uncontrolled.

I agree every brand has a horror story in their past. I left Ford over the 6.0 debacle.
As the price of trucks continuesto skyrocket it becomes harder to accept an overcome a poorly designed vehicle.
Yes the stakes are high to get it right the first time.
When manufacturers screw up and the dealers are unable to promptly make it right,animosity and anger build quickly.
Loyalty turns to hate and brands loose customers forever.


19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide


4x4ord

Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 12/23/2010

View Profile



Posted: 09/04/21 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

I priced out a new motorcycle and set up the way I’d like it came to $46,000 ….. makes $85k for a loaded diesel Super Duty seem like a good deal.
Yikes! A lot of money for a motorcycle!
In 1985 I bought a new Honda V45 Magna. I don't remember exactly but seems to me I paid about 4500 - 4600 for it.
One tenth of your price, wow.


Depends how you look at it. If in '85 a Honda V45 was about 1/2 the price of a nicely equipped truck? And if now a fully loaded Indian Roadmaster is only a little over 1/2 the price of fully loaded diesel ..... the price of motorcycles is falling.


2021 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2003

View Profile


Online
Posted: 09/04/21 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

4x4ord wrote:

I priced out a new motorcycle and set up the way I’d like it came to $46,000 ….. makes $85k for a loaded diesel Super Duty seem like a good deal.
Yikes! A lot of money for a motorcycle!
In 1985 I bought a new Honda V45 Magna. I don't remember exactly but seems to me I paid about 4500 - 4600 for it.
One tenth of your price, wow.


Depends how you look at it. If in '85 a Honda V45 was about 1/2 the price of a nicely equipped truck? And if now a fully loaded Indian Roadmaster is only a little over 1/2 the price of fully loaded diesel ..... the price of motorcycles is falling.

Guess it's all relevant isn't it?

Devo the dog

Moved out of crazy California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile



Posted: 09/04/21 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Don't worry Sleepy J. is going to solve your price of your new trucks just like he has fixed everything else to date.

LOL. He'll shut the down the factories and make sure the union leaders are paid off.

BTW, he's probably the same guy who dreams up the JDEdwards awards for the best trucks.

Timmo!

South-central Oregon...on the river

Senior Member

Joined: 03/10/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/05/21 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An interesting graphic that captures price variations of various goods and services. Notice the prices for automobiles, household furnishings and apparel have remained "flat". While technology gadgets (TV, computers, telephones....have dropped. A 50% price increase in a 20 year period seems to be the norm.

[image]

Full article: https://howmuch.net/articles/price-changes-in-usa-in-past-20-years

I would love to see the same graphic for post COVID pricing.

kendall69

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/02/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/06/21 12:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same here, 1974 I was 17 years old and I asked my parents to sign for a new Dodge Power Wagon with a complete snow removal plow, for about $4,500. Well, they did sign and there I sat in the garage with a shiny new truck worth about the same as a new Corvette at the time. My parents bless their souls for putting that much faith in me. They both worked two jobs and drove junkers, they never had a new vehicle in their life. As it god deeper and deeper into winter in Cleveland Ohio, I could not feel any worse because of the lack of snow. I promised my parents I could earn enough snow plowing to pay for the truck.

I had all my "contracts" set up and I did some clever maneuvering to get the accounts. I promised to replow their lots for free for 24 hours after the first plowing if it snowed again.

Well, then it hit, one of the largest snowstorms in history.

I started plowing and only stopped for three days to eat use the restroom. I slept with my head on the steering wheel in parking lots in between jobs.

I came home once set the alarm for 30 minutes and fell asleep with wet boots, and a parka, woke up, and did it some more.

When it was all over I went into the house and my parents were having breakfast.

I had balls of cash in every pocket I had and I dumped it all on the table and I said, here ya, this should cover the cost of the truck.

I never felt prouder of myself for keeping that promise.

Last year the pickup truck I purchased was nearly 20 times what that truck was in 74


Owned (1) Class A (2) class C (1) truck camper looking at a Class (B)
New proud Owner of a 2014 Phoenix Cruiser 2400

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 26  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > The price of new trucks is beyond comprehension!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.