Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Another month in border closures.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Another month in border closures.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/20 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trudeau........rump-canada-u-s-border-closure-1.5765323

Gary Haupt

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Lwiddis

near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/20 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With our infection rates going up in the upper Midwest, I don’t believe Canada even has a reopening date in mind.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Trackrig

Spent the summer in Conconuly, Wa, MH now in Vanco

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/20 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, it's getting old. I hope it opens by spring.

Bill

Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/18/20 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing is going to re-open. See, we have the flu season coming, then colds, post nasal drip, etc. We'll never get back to normal.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2016 RZR 900

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 10/18/20 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m okay with it staying closed under the circumstances. I just hope the cause behind it gets sorted out by spring. Vaccine, better treatment, whatever it takes.

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The border closures is now Nov 21st

Nov 21st.

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SideHillSoup wrote:

The border closures is now Nov 21st

Nov 21st.

Of what year?
Totally staying out of the politics of this, this virus is really tough on OLD people and those that are really unhealthy.
For the vast majority, it’s a minor issue like other viruses.
My wife is a middle aged person with one of the most compromised systems one could have and by trade she’s a registered nurse and she can read through the BS and hype and is not afraid to “leave the house .”
But the typical uneducated “fear” by the majority (one never knew what the average intelligence level of people really was until this pandemic) will perpetuate this fear for much longer......I fear.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The border is not “closed”. The border is only closed to “non essential” land crossing.

You can fly from Canada to the USA for “non essential” reasons...

For example I can obtain health insurance, I could be tested immediately prior to crossing in either direction, when I do cross I don’t run back and forth shopping etc I’m long gone from the other country for months, I have full capability to 14 - 21 day isolate and would not object to electronic enforcement of the isolation even.

But there is no provision for this type of entry/visit.

I could ship my RV rig and fly in to meet it, apparently. Via cities, airplanes, airports, and another city etc etc...

Anyway you can fly in crowds but you cannot enter traveling alone, by land.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be nice if both countries could provide an effective test that could be administered at the border to prove that your Covid free. A bit disappointed that after all this time we still don't have readily available Covid testing.

Kevin

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/20 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksg5000 wrote:

Be nice if both countries could provide an effective test that could be administered at the border to prove that your Covid free. A bit disappointed that after all this time we still don't have readily available Covid testing.

In the states you can get tested right at the airport in a number of US cities now. Something could probably bet set up at the border if the two countries were so inclined. There's still the issue of quarantining while waiting for test results. However too many people cannot be trusted to stay quarantined for two weeks. The "72 hour test rule" could be implemented as well but again, not everyone will wait until they get their test results before they start adventuring about. The rapid test isn't proving to be all that reliable. You could always do what someone in Quebec did-he drove his car over the border into a yard in Vermont instead of using the official crossing.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Another month in border closures.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.