Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A three cylinder Bronco.....a THREE cylinder Bronco???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  General Topics

> A three cylinder Bronco.....a THREE cylinder Bronco???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/25/20 05:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

Quote:

AutoTrader dealers are advertising a total of 234 Bronco Sport models, complete with VIN's.
As an FYI... after checking in with those that have had their orders scheduled, apparently they then show up as “inventory” for their selected dealer. FAKE NEWS!!! [emoticon]

Dave
Manufacturers with a dealer network record the sale as soon as the vehicle is built. Nothing new.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes but the inference was that dealers had these vehicles available for sale when in fact they are not available for purchase, that’s all. In the end it makes little difference.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/20 05:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

My point was the same number of cylinders -- three. Period. That's all. And, I DO have a clue, after having been in the automobile business for 30 years. I know that 3 = 3, regardless of anything else.

So based on your expert experience, the Cumins 5.9 diesel is a weak engine because a lot of 1980's minivans had weak V6 engines.

6 = 6 regardless of anything else by your logic.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/20 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

My point was the same number of cylinders -- three. Period. That's all. And, I DO have a clue, after having been in the automobile business for 30 years. I know that 3 = 3, regardless of anything else.

So based on your expert experience, the Cumins 5.9 diesel is a weak engine because a lot of 1980's minivans had weak V6 engines.

No need to put words in my mouth. I was SIMPLY stating that the number of cylinders was identical. Why the issue?

The 3-cylinder in the Bronco Sport is a 3-cylinder. What's so hard to understand about that??

Where did I say anything about weakness? (other than hp and torque ratings of the Bronco Sport 3-cylinder). However, I never compared those ratings to 3-cylinder engines of the past.

If all you want to do is argue for sport, PM me and we can take it from there.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/20 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

No need to put words in my mouth. I was SIMPLY stating that the number of cylinders was identical. Why the issue?

The 3-cylinder in the Bronco Sport is a 3-cylinder. What's so hard to understand about that??

Where did I say anything about weakness? (other than hp and torque ratings of the Bronco Sport 3-cylinder). However, I never compared those ratings to 3-cylinder engines of the past.

I didn't put words into your mouth. I expanded on your logic to show the fallacy in complaining that it's only 3 cylinders.

Why is it a big deal that it's 3 cylinders?

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/20 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

I didn't put words into your mouth. I expanded on your logic to show the fallacy in complaining that it's only 3 cylinders.

Why is it a big deal that it's 3 cylinders?

Engines with an odd number of cylinders are inherently rougher than those with an even number of cylinders. Google it.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/20 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Engines with an odd number of cylinders are inherently rougher than those with an even number of cylinders. Google it.

True, and that was a highlight of a recent review of this engine in an Escape. You could actually see the vibration in the steering wheel at idle. Maybe that’s the real reason for the use of stop/start technology, not to save fuel but so you don’t feel the vibration at idle so much [emoticon].

Dave

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/20 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Except 4 cylinders are notoriously hard to balance above about 2 liters. Mitsubishi invented a counter rotating shaft to improve the issue.

My 1 liter Metro was actually very smooth running. Straight 6 and 90 degree V-8 are inherently very smooth running.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/20 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Arguably zero cylinders are the smoothest. [emoticon]. Our last three cars have had zero cylinders and can attest to that. [emoticon]. But then again, technically I think zero is an even number...

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/20 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hummer should be very smooth. [emoticon] Although in the interim the Ford 1.5L 3cyl eco boost should perform very well in the Bronco. I would have no qualms about just 3 spark plugs to change.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  General Topics

> A three cylinder Bronco.....a THREE cylinder Bronco???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.