Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Keeping pets safe in travel trailer while “home alone”
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> Keeping pets safe in travel trailer while “home alone”

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Jas1317

NY

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/20 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

If you watch a video of a RV fire they are burnt down in minutes with leathal toxic smoke long before that.
What good does a sign do if the door is locked?

My Collies are the most important thing in my RV. The rest can be replaced with a shopping trip to Wallyworld.

You have a really good point. I guess I feel the chances of a random opportunistic thief opening the unlocked door and turning my dogs loose (now scared and running - neither is very protective) is higher than my RV catching fire??
I don't know where you camp but I haven't locked a RV door (other then the storage yard) in over 25 years and never had a theft. Of course I have owned RV'S for over 25 years and never had a fire.

There for awhile RV'S had a issue of refrigerator fires. I had the recalls done to fix the issue.

Usually a thieve will do more costly damage to the RV breaking in then what the stuff inside is worth.

We don’t camp anywhere yet we just bought our first travel trailer! I’m so glad to hear this!

MikeDupont

TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/20 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please be a responsible pet owner. And please familiarize yourselves and obey the campground rules concerning pets. They really are there to make everyone's stay more enjoyable.
Mike

garysol

Kalamazoo Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/20 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use the Marcell Pro cellular monitor that will call, text AND email me if the RV loses power or if the temps get above or below a preset level or if the humidity rises dramatically. It uses cellular service and not wifi so it will work ALMOST everywhere and does not rely on campground wifi which will be non existent in a power outage.
Marcell Pro

2020 RAM 3500 HO
2018 Kodiak Ultimate 288BHSL
2017 Ram 2500 6.4 (SOLD)
2016 Heritage Glen 263RL (sold)
2012 Komfort 3530 (sold)
2008 Keystone Sprinter (DOA)
014 Ram 3500 6.7 (sold)

DougA

Upstate NY

View Profile

Posted: 11/21/20 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have left Leo, our 5 year old spaniel mix, alone for up to 5 hours. We have a routine. Before we leave him, we take him for a trip to the dog-park where he retrieves his Piggy toy until he's tired and had enough, as shown by his standing by the door to leave whatever dog park we're in. This is about half an hour to hour. We take him back to the trailer, leave him a bit of food and lots of water, turn on the AC with the fan running constantly and the radio, and leave open a roof vent or two. When we return he's usually where we left him... on the couch under the Murphy bed. He jumps up, well rested and wants to go to the dog park again. We've asked neighbors to tell us if there is any barking. As far as we know, the only time he barked is when a neighbor's dog came sniffing around our trailer because it escaped its leash. That got Leo riled up. Yes, we lock the door. No we don't have a camera or monitoring equipment. We leave him his toys of course. We do put the toilet paper and wastebasket out of reach, but we have to do that at home too. Leo's a very melo traveling dude who will endlessly sleep on the truck's back seat, as we drive from state to state.

Doug & Patti & Puppy Leo
From Upstate New York

Jas1317

NY

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/20 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garysol wrote:

We use the Marcell Pro cellular monitor that will call, text AND email me if the RV loses power or if the temps get above or below a preset level or if the humidity rises dramatically. It uses cellular service and not wifi so it will work ALMOST everywhere and does not rely on campground wifi which will be non existent in a power outage.
Marcell Pro

Thank you!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> Keeping pets safe in travel trailer while “home alone”
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.