Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Wear Two Masks?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Wear Two Masks?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
miltvill

Ft. Lauderdale FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 09:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting I wonder why no DR has suggested you wash your mask after each use. All of my masks are white. The first thing I do when I get home is toss it in the washing machine. The first load of clothes we wash are the whites with bleach. Have you ever coughed or sneezed in your mask? It is cold and flue season.

2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 12:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Confession time: I'm pretty claustrophobic. I just bought some new 3-layer face masks that are much harder to breathe through, and it takes a lot of self-talk to not flip out while wearing them....LOL! So in light of the new variants (which are thriving here in Florida) - I just avoid people. The only time I'm indoors is at the grocery, and in a rush to get done so I can drop the mask.

I will be up at 4 AM to try to score a vaccine appointment on Wednesday and whenever else I have the opportunity. I understand I still have to wear a mask, but at least after time to build my immunity, I could go back to the double-layer masks that I can tolerate better.

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 03:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Confession time: I'm pretty claustrophobic.

I know that feeling. Seriously know that feeling.
But if the Walk around mask bothers you
Consider being on a ventilator in hospital. (That really would bother me)

or locked in a coffin for all eternity. (Not planning on that option any time soon).

IF you get it. your odds of survival are increasing. but alas that's because the doctors are learning how to treat it. Yup. Good old SCIENTISS. saving lives daily. it's what they do.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 03:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

miltvill wrote:

Interesting I wonder why no DR has suggested you wash your mask after each use. All of my masks are white. The first thing I do when I get home is toss it in the washing machine. The first load of clothes we wash are the whites with bleach. Have you ever coughed or sneezed in your mask? It is cold and flue season.

If I need to sneeze, I unhook one ear and sneeze into the crook of my arm, opposite the elbow. That's been recommended for some time.

Sometimes I need to wipe my nose. I again unhook one ear and wipe quickly before reattaching the ear part.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/21 03:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wear a kn95 mask all day at work (8-9 hrs), except when eating or drinking.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/21 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm trying to get my shot as soon as I can, as long as it is the Pfizer drug.
Covid 19 is more deadly than flu. Covid 19 has been shown to cause health issues other than death. Covid 19 is readily transmitted. Covid 19 mutates as fast as other viruses, and every transmission is a chance to mutate. So Covid 19 needs to be wiped out as soon as possible. And it can't be slowed, let alone stopped, until at least 70% of the population is vaccinated.

If a Army invaded our country would you grab your gun, do whatever you could to slow that invasion? You grab a gun understanding the enemy would kill you for interfering? In years past I would of swore the invading army would be destroyed. Now I would not place a bet on the outcome.

* This post was edited 01/25/21 07:26am by an administrator/moderator *

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/25/21 07:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Confession time: I'm pretty claustrophobic.

I know that feeling. Seriously know that feeling.
But if the Walk around mask bothers you
Consider being on a ventilator in hospital. (That really would bother me)

or locked in a coffin for all eternity. (Not planning on that option any time soon).

IF you get it. your odds of survival are increasing. but alas that's because the doctors are learning how to treat it. Yup. Good old SCIENTISS. saving lives daily. it's what they do.

LOL! I figure if I had to be ventilated, I'd just die quickly of a terror-induced heart attack, and then provide a bed for someone else.

And to all those who have lost someone to Covid (or are praying for their recovery) - I mean no disrespect. The death counts daily, are beyond heartbreaking. I just meant to share a bit of dark humor with a fellow claustrophobic (and explanation for why I refuse to enter a store where masks aren't being worn; won't eat inside at any restaurant, etc. I don't want to find out how genuinely awful getting Covid would be)

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/21 08:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A doctor on TV said this morning that a "booster shot" may be needed in addition to the regular vaccine in order to combat the variants that are being discovered. There are still a lot of things to learn during this pandemic.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/21 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr. ed wrote:

A doctor on TV said this morning that a "booster shot" may be needed in addition to the regular vaccine in order to combat the variants that are being discovered. There are still a lot of things to learn during this pandemic.

But like all other organisms, it only mutates as it reproduces. If we could reduce the number of times it is transmitted, would reduce reproductions, reduce mutations. This could reduce the need to mutate the vaccine.
If a Army invaded our country would you grab your gun, do whatever you could to slow that invasion? You grab a gun understanding the enemy would kill you for interfering? In years past I would of swore the invading army would be destroyed. Now I would not place a bet on the outcome.

hotpepperkid

Kingman AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/21 02:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My daughter works in a health care place and they had an inservice last week and were told under no circumstance were they to wear two mask

2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Wear Two Masks?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.