Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 65 yr old BIL had his 2nd vaccination and went to bed feeling ill....woke up next morning feeling like a child.

I'm 60 and retired so guess I'll have to be patient.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/21 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kellem wrote:

My 65 yr old BIL had his 2nd vaccination and went to bed feeling ill....woke up next morning feeling like a child.

I'm 60 and retired so guess I'll have to be patient.

Awesome! I'm 60 but diabetic so I'm getting my shot next week. Hope I wake up feeling like a child again LOL!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Covid cases and hospitalization are also down by 45%.

While this is the kind of news we hope for - the question in my mind is: is the vaccine causing this drop, or is it that we're simply past all the "gathering" holidays like Thanksgiving/Christmas, etc??

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/21 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Covid cases and hospitalization are also down by 45%.

While this is the kind of news we hope for - the question in my mind is: is the vaccine causing this drop, or is it that we're simply past all the "gathering" holidays like Thanksgiving/Christmas, etc??

I think both.

The medical journal also came out with research findings that 1st dose of Moderna and Pfizer is giving virus protection upwards to 90%.

* This post was edited 02/19/21 08:05am by an administrator/moderator *

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd be concerned about length of protection with Pfizer or Moderna with only one shot. The mRNA it seems would require dual shots for 'distance running' rather than one dose rated at ninety percent permanent - for how long does that last. Because we are still in the beginning stages of this vaccine, I'd sooner take two and feel more comfortable than wait and say, 'well, should have gotten two.' Too late, says the doctor. We can't have that.

I had second shot of Moderna today, and so far, no side effects, same with first shot, no side effects during the thirty days between.

I'm certain cost is one factor, but knowledge is another. Sometimes cost over-rides safety of patients, and that's backwards. Safety of patients, even in a new medical frontier, should always come first.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WE got the second shot (moderna) this morning.
So far zero reaction for both of us - Not even a tender muscle like the regular flu shot

Guy

* This post was edited 02/19/21 04:08pm by an administrator/moderator *

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/21 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

I'd be concerned about length of protection with Pfizer or Moderna with only one shot. The mRNA it seems would require dual shots for 'distance running' rather than one dose rated at ninety percent permanent - for how long does that last. Because we are still in the beginning stages of this vaccine,...

Yeah, that's still an open question --- and if Covid 19 will be around us year-in-year out like the fllu.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems we are getting good news everywhere from my friends, kins and former colleagues on getting early calls for vaccination.

Seem key is to put your name out there, whether city or county health centers and pharmacies in the neighbourhood.

The administration is hitting and exceeding their goals starting at 1 million, then the president wants a more aggressive 1.5 million and the latest, they are doing 1.7 million.

My sister and hubby, younger than me, got an earlier 2nd dose. And they are in the more populous California. Not in priority vulnerable high-risk profiles too.

[email protected]

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am getting my first shot this Thursday. I have been eligible for a while now but due to getting a pneumonia booster I had to wait three weeks. Then the snow/ice storms delayed vaccine shipments.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[email protected] wrote:

I am getting my first shot this Thursday. I have been eligible for a while now but due to getting a pneumonia booster I had to wait three weeks. Then the snow/ice storms delayed vaccine shipments.

Hope all goes well with you.

We both got sore arms on the next day. Then I got pain in my armpit (swollen lymph nodes?) after a week.

My sister got chills.

Nothing much adverse side effects among my kins and friends that can't be handled by Tylenol, lol.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.