Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/21 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A question for all who have received a vaccine. Have any of you registered on the CDC VSafe tool to report vaccine side effects? Since we are all crash test dummies for the vaccines, reporting side effects no matter how minor is useful to the government and the manufacturers.

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/21 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

A question for all who have received a vaccine. Have any of you registered on the CDC VSafe tool to report vaccine side effects? Since we are all crash test dummies for the vaccines, reporting side effects no matter how minor is useful to the government and the manufacturers.

The tests were done before the vaccines were approved..... I will take whatever vaccine is available to me with full confidence.

2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/21 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

This is new to us.

Yeah, providing these information will be like giving back to the community for the blessings that we received.

Thanks for making us aware and we will definitely look into this and provide the feedback.

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/21 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

I have not, but plan to after the 2nd dose. You are right... there's a lot left to learn about the side effects. Thanks for the reminder!

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/21 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My experience: My brother in law (who is a physician) made me aware of VSafe. When I registered for the vaccine through CVS, as part of the procedure I had to print and electronically acknowledge receipt of a 6 page information document. Didn't mention VSafe but did provide a link and phone # for the HHS VAERS. When I got my first shot I was given another info sheet that provides info about VSafe. Simple procedure, went to CDC website found the VSafe registration link. Entered required info, received a confirmation text with a registration #. Tapped the registration # it opened the app and allowed me to answer 4 quick questions. From there forward, I was sent a text at same time each day to enter my daily report. After 3 consecutive days of reporting no side effects the texts ended.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/21 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaramblee wrote:

The tests were done before the vaccines were approved..... I will take whatever vaccine is available to me with full confidence.

I don't know how the process works in Canada, but in the US, the 3 vaccines in use and any therapeutic procedure or medication to treat active Covid-19 infections were granted Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA. None are fully approved and licensed, that takes about 2 years or more of data collection and data analysis. The severity of the pandemic turned everything upside down.

[email protected]

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/21 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regardless of the legal wording for all the vaccines, I had rather take my chances with a vaccine than go thru what a lot of folks I know did with the actual virus. Quite a few did not make it.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/21 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Monaramblee wrote:

I don't know how the process works in Canada, but in the US, the 3 vaccines in use and any therapeutic procedure or medication to treat active Covid-19 infections were granted Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA. None are fully approved and licensed, that takes about 2 years or more of data collection and data analysis. The severity of the pandemic turned everything upside down.

Again, correlation is not causation. But I don't think this is just coincidence.

There are now near zero deaths (measured death per thousand) from Covid for the most vulnerable age group of 65 and over.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/21 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

I was sent a text at same time each day to enter my daily report. After 3 consecutive days of reporting no side effects the texts ended.

You should get 1 text a week after the first 3 daily,until the second shot,then daily for a few days again depending on your answers.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/21 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife & I got our 1st Moderno a week ago and just a sore arm for about a day.
FYI on a side effect of the Phizer. My SiL had her 1st & broke out wit a mild case of shingles and a week ago while camping on the coast in Freeport had a camp nieghbor that after the 1st Phizer , he broke out in a bad case of shingles.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.