Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My second shot (Moderna) is due tomorrow morning. I scheduled early. That way I can take my Advil to counteract the pain that came with the first one.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Horsedoc wrote:

My second shot (Moderna) is due tomorrow morning. I scheduled early. That way I can take my Advil to counteract the pain that came with the first one.

Let us know so we can prepare for our 2nd dose too -- and it's Moderna.

Thanks,

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd like to tie in a question to this thread if you'd be so kind.

I have a retired friend who is 65 and has had both shots " everything went well " and my wife's retired parents ages 75/78 have yet to be even scheduled for 1st shot.

How has my perfectly healthy friend received both shots before more elderly folks.

That's the same question wife's parents asked me today after they've filled out all necessary paperwork and after several phone calls for scheduling.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vaccination priorities are not just by age, certain chronic diseases can move one up in priority as can jobs; these people can then shift older people farther back in the line. Different jurisdictions can alter the priorities based upon jobs and different jurisdictions get different quantities of vaccines (changing how much of their line has been vaccinated). All of this means where you live (and how many people who are eligible to be in front of you want the vaccine) can make a big difference where you fall in the line.

In MD, you can get vaccinated where you live or where you work. Since I work in one county and live in a different one I can preregister in both counties (the state allows this). My place in the line is different in these two counties for the reasons listed above. I will get vaccinated in the county where I get to the front of the line earliest. It appears I am closer to the front of the line in the county where I work.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

75, diabetic, AV pacemaker, lupus and central sleep apnea

Got me instant attention.

Now I have to arrange the 200-mile trip to get a Moderna jab or chance getting a SINOVAC jab down here.

Not having a wheelchair crimps my vaccination plans up north.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

75, diabetic, AV pacemaker, lupus and central sleep apnea

Got me instant attention.

Now I have to arrange the 200-mile trip to get a Moderna jab or chance getting a SINOVAC jab down here.

Not having a wheelchair crimps my vaccination plans up north.

Difficult decision considerations.

Sinovac from China has overall 72% efficacy.

Moderna had 80% on first jab and 95% after the booster.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/21 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kellem wrote:

I'd like to tie in a question to this thread if you'd be so kind.

I have a retired friend who is 65 and has had both shots " everything went well " and my wife's retired parents ages 75/78 have yet to be even scheduled for 1st shot.

How has my perfectly healthy friend received both shots before more elderly folks.

That's the same question wife's parents asked me today after they've filled out all necessary paperwork and after several phone calls for scheduling.

Basically what BCSnob stated. I'm only 60 and got my first shot an hour ago (Moderna). I am a diabetic and have a couple of other issues that factor in. It's possible the friend has issues you are unaware of or some other circumstance that gives him priority. When your in-laws get scheduled should be dependent on what group they fall under.

* This post was edited 02/23/21 08:37am by Crowe *

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/21 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

True!

And even if there is a federal guidelines, each state have their own priority -- example, frontline workers, to some states, these are just health workers. In others it include law enforcement personnel.

It becomes for complicated to those who have underlying conditions, also with sub-group as to those conditions and at what age.

* This post was edited 02/23/21 09:44am by an administrator/moderator *

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Side effects , we got our second Moderna , when we got home we had a flat on our trailer and dogs had dug up some of my wives plants . Other than that all is well for nine days .

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/21 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingbob wrote:

Side effects , we got our second Moderna , when we got home we had a flat on our trailer and dogs had dug up some of my wives plants . Other than that all is well for nine days .

Good for you!

Thanks for sharing..[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.