Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Heated hose
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Heated hose

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
buc1980

houston tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/21 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What brand of heated hose you use.By the reviews none are very good leak or froze.

2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,14750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is truly cold, then use the on board water tank.

Currently -31 c (-24 f)

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lwiddis

Near DVNP, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/21 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The safer way is as stated by pianotuna.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RichB3125

Beavercreek, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/21 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

x2.

Many parks don’t allow them. If you are going to use one, make sure the pipe and faucet are protected.

ssthrd

Vancouver Island

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used a Camco in temps to -22C (about -8F) with no issues with the hose. However, the water did freeze just inside the TT wall.

I had my fresh water tank full, so we used it until the temp moderated. Less worry.

2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2018 GMC 3500HD 6.5' box SRW Denali Duramax Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

md_procouple

Parkville, Md.

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/21 05:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just use a regular hose... Hubby uses "Heat Strip / Tape" then covers it with foam pipe insulation. Our neighbor uses hollow pool noodles as insulation. Happy Camping !!

Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
">

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/21 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I made my own with the regular hose for water 10' long. A simple google shows how its done.
My 110v heat tape had a thermostat.....a very thick noodle.....wrapped with several more layers of rolled insulation.....a layer of visqueen for keeping water out.... final wrapped with duct tape so its sheds water.
No problems all winter with it laying on the ground with -3 degree temps and 38-40mph winds.

This was 22 years ago and store bought heated hoses wasn't much back then. Much depends on winter where you will be.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

handsome51

Baytown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/21 01:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had a rally one year in Bandera, Tx and it was 15 degrees at night. All I did was slightly run the cold water facet in the kitchen sink. Like I do at home when it freezes. Did not need to run the hot since it is in the RV. That kept the water hose from freezing at night. While some people would unhook there hose at night and roll it up and put it out in the day again. I found that to be a pain in the ass. I liked just slightly run the cold water side of the kitchen faucet.

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/21 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Handsome51, do tou know what risk you take trickling the water? Your sewer hose freezes ,backs up fills the grey then you wake to a flooded rig. Get by through a brief cold snap in the teens, but down in the singles and below the sewer hose will freeze solid.
I have seen flooded rigs several times because of a frozen sewer hose
What of the water wasted? A trickle of 1/2gal/ min X 10 hrs is 300gal. Hows the camp septic system going to handle that?
Just use your onboard tank, no worries, no waste.
Max, ex camp owner where, it gets cold

topjimmy

Washington Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/21 12:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

YEP thats is a fact BE careful doing that for one or two nights fine other than that nope...how wold I know that???[emoticon]
SDcampowneroperator wrote:

Handsome51, do tou know what risk you take trickling the water? Your sewer hose freezes ,backs up fills the grey then you wake to a flooded rig. Get by through a brief cold snap in the teens, but down in the singles and below the sewer hose will freeze solid.
I have seen flooded rigs several times because of a frozen sewer hose
What of the water wasted? A trickle of 1/2gal/ min X 10 hrs is 300gal. Hows the camp septic system going to handle that?
Just use your onboard tank, no worries, no waste.
Max, ex camp owner where, it gets cold

2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Heated hose
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.