Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New to us 2018 Minnie Winnie
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> New to us 2018 Minnie Winnie

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/11/21 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally replacing our beloved 2003 Itasca Spirit 22E. Bought a 2918 Minnie Winnie this week. It was the only model that had both a couch and a dinette and another bed in the back. We added just 4 ft. With no slides it’s an ideal RV for us. Our grandkids are getting bigger and we needed more space. The 2003 still has a lot of life left in her though. It’s a higher end model than our new one but I’ll not miss most of the features. We didn’t really use battery boost or heated mirrors. I’ll try to upgrade with features we did us though. We are so excited to be working on a new RV! [image]

* This post was edited 03/11/21 08:02pm by EMD360 *

2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/21 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You told us the departing make / model but failed to come clean with the new model.
You may as well tell us now bc we will not be able to update our stats and you will be hounded for that info. [emoticon]

Good luck and safe travels with your new rig. [emoticon]

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/21 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whoops! I was updating my signature. Had a heck of a time reducing a photo to 30k so I just used the floor plan! It’s a 25b and I’m having lots of fun getting it outfitted. I know this should go under DIY but it’s just a photo.
[image]
I hadn’t added anything to the 22e in a long time. Now I have a new playground.

* This post was edited 03/13/21 01:22pm by EMD360 *

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/21 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

25B - Great unit , nice storage , non slide with a sofa and dinette . Having less 'well built rv things' to go wrong ? You got it right IMO, that's a winner for me !

That's a nice mod, make sure its secured well. Bolted and its weight supported so the cabinet alone isn't carrying all its weight . These 450's tend to pound !

2 thumbs up !

Again, enjoy and stay safe ,
Bob

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/21 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This really looks like a great RV,I like the curbside dinette and all the storage space inside and outside.

My last RV was a Winny and had the same dinette.I really miss that on my present RV.

I liked it because I could sit inside and watch my daughters play in my campsite.I noticed you said you had grandkids that is great,you can keep an eye on them while inside.

I did notice you that your unit is a Former Rental, I will have to put you on the list of happy owners.[image]

Have fun making it your own with all those mods.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/21 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I might reinforce the shelf more. It’s screwed into the back with drywall anchors and to the plywood on the closet side and I used long screws through the cabinet bottom into the middle piece. But your mention of long bolts makes sense. Think
I’ll add some through the cabinet bottom with nice large washers. Just to be safe. Oh and it’s a 350e though still plenty rattly.

melandme

Kentucky

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/12/21 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had our 25B since 2016 and really do like it. The grandkids enjoy it so much they want to camp in the driveway when they come over. Love not having to put out a slide to use a bed when we overnight in a parking lot.
Ours is also on a 350 chassis, which is the only thing I wish I could change. With 4 adults and 2 grandchildren and gear you are at your weight limit.
Really do like the shelf over the sink. I will have to look into adding that.
The one upgrade I would recommend would be heavier front and rear sway bars. Makes a big difference when being passed by large vehicles
Enjoy your 25B. Its a great rig.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/21 09:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EMD360 wrote:

I might reinforce the shelf more. It’s screwed into the back with drywall anchors and to the plywood on the closet side and I used long screws through the cabinet bottom into the middle piece. But your mention of long bolts makes sense. Think
I’ll add some through the cabinet bottom with nice large washers. Just to be safe. Oh and it’s a 350e though still plenty rattly.

See how a piece of angle iron looks on the bottom of the coffee-maker box. I would try to "support" it then bolt it thru, allow some weight to ride on that angle iron, acting like a shelf. Reason being, you do not know how well the OEM cabinets are secured. RV assemblers have been known to miss the mark hitting a solid stud.

See how it drives on the open road, how it handles . A good positive caster alignment on the Fords works well.

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/21 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobndot:
Do you mean a piece of angle iron on the closet side into the plywood wall there? Or across the back?
I have some L shaped brackets I could add.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> New to us 2018 Minnie Winnie
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.