Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Pet Stop: New Camping Buddies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> New Camping Buddies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/21 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife’s Hattie was purchased from a breeder. Hattie and most of her littermates traveled from MO to Glenwood Srings CO where we got her. She then traveled back with us to MD.

Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (semi-retired), Grant, Lee, Fern & Hattie
Sam the Maremma Sheepdog & Wendy the Kangal (at home guarding our flock)
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/21 06:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob I had never been to Maryland until that trip. I was amazed at how steep the hills were in Cumberland. Is the area your located like that?

Sounds like your pup had a long journey as well.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/21 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, it’s quite hilly in western MD; we frequently use I68 when traveling west. We are east of Cumberland along I70; our farm is on the eastern slope of the ridge the Appalachian Trail in on. There is one more ridge to our east (Camp David is on the slopes of this ridge) and then it’s mostly flat.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/21 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

So far Sawyer has visited the following states Kansas Colorado Nebraska Minnesota Iowa Missouri Illinois Indiana Ohio West Virginia Pennsylvania New York Maryland Kentucky Tennessee Georgia Florida Oklahoma and Texas in his 2.5 years. Keep in mind we have not gone anywhere in the last year because of covid.

Sasha has not been to as many states but close.

If I don't take the RV I usually stay at a motel 6 because of their pet policy, also they have laminate flooring instead of nasty carpet.

The most expensive motel was in New York state. I had difficulty finding a motel that would accept pets. Finally found one ironically down the street from West Point.

Sawyer and Sasha have been busy. That's a big trip.

I just retired in the fall of 2019, so we're still working our way into big cross country trips. At this point, the cats are the old pros with two trips for Looney1 and one trip for Looney2. The dogs and new parrot (Bird) are all awaiting their maiden voyages.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/21 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

My wife’s Hattie was purchased from a breeder. Hattie and most of her littermates traveled from MO to Glenwood Srings CO where we got her. She then traveled back with us to MD.

Hattie is quite the travel pro.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/10/21 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's Tornado-dog in action...

[image]

[image]

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/11/21 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I LOVE it - that's Augie's favorite game, too! Also a nice way to take the energy level down a notch - at least for a while....LOL!

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/11/21 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He does love it. His sister doesn't and she will try to redirect him away from the water.

He's reaching the point where his energy doesn't ebb and flow as much. After a long water session yesterday, he went inside, moved all the throw blankets and then tried to play with The Twooney. I had to take him back out for the tennis balls when he started chewing on Looney2.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/21 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

He does love it. His sister doesn't and she will try to redirect him away from the water.

He's reaching the point where his energy doesn't ebb and flow as much. After a long water session yesterday, he went inside, moved all the throw blankets and then tried to play with The Twooney. I had to take him back out for the tennis balls when he started chewing on Looney2.

Have you ever heard the "difference between a BC and an Aussie?" The Aussie has an "off switch".....LOL!

I'll keep your stamina in my prayers ;-)

DilanYah

London

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 02:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're in the process of looking for a dog as a family pet (possible rescue). We're looking for a small young one that's good with children. So far we're considering papillons, shih tzu, and affenpinscher. I have no knowledge of the affen pinscher. If anyone owns one, I would appreciate hearing your comments.

* This post was edited 05/01/21 05:02am by DilanYah *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

> New Camping Buddies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.