Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How to remove tail light from 2020. Rock wood mini lite
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> How to remove tail light from 2020. Rock wood mini lite

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/21 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1ed wrote:

Thanks for all. The responses, I have not repaired the. Light yet. Cleaned the plug on trailer and truck and still no worked. If the blinker works on the truck wouldn’t that eliminate the truck. I plan to use some emery paper as my next method to repair the light.

Many newer vehicles use relays and separate fuses to isolate the trailer connection from the vehicles turn signals..

So, it is possible to have the vehicles turn signals work but yet the trailers not if a fuse blows or relay fails.

Compounding things a bit more is recent vehicles have switched over to "smart modules" to handle the trailer lights, these modules are able to detect a load present and turn on or off the output.. These modules are a bit sensitive to shorted trailer wiring and can go into a protect mode and never come back.. The only nice thing about smart modules is they will notify you of a trailer light outage fault.

If you have the lights posted by another member, it may be possible that the glue/caulking is holding them in place. If so cut or remove the caulking and see if they come off..

If all else fails, check with a RV dealer service department to see if they will clue you in on how to remove.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/21 06:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This might be helpful..

Using the pix posted by another member I was able to locate a similar tail light to what they posted.

Brand is Optronics 6" round..

[image]

Found

HERE

RVSTL10 is passenger side (no license plate bracket)

Found

HERE

Lense is removable, will need to remove the caulking and the lens will have to be pried off to get to the mounting screws.. Look on the underside flat area for any place to insert a flat blade screw driver between the red cover and the plastic base.

[image]

[image]

And yes, I have run into LED tail lights that failed prematurely so it is possible that you could have a defective light but if you can get the red lens cover off you can check the wiring to make sure it is the light.

1ed

Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PROBLEM SOLVED...It was one of the fusses that are under the cover of the battery box..
Saved some money and time, THANKS FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]

Glad you found the problem!

Thanks for posting what was wrong, may be helpful for someone else.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good deal. Sometimes a fuse blowing is an anomaly. Most of the time it’s due to a live short somewhere that overloads the circuit.
It may hold now but blow again , underway, if there’s a bar wire somewhere.
Just to keep in mind

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

1ed

Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/21 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had forgotten all the fuses under the battery box cover. I looked at the fuses on the dash but not the ones under the box cover. Reading the OWNERS MANUAL was helpful in reminding me of the other fuses. Again, thanks for all your help. Ed

cyrus799

US

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/21 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you’re still unable to gain clear access to the rear of your recreational vehicle’s tail lights after, you need to remove the trim panel of your recreational vehicle with the use of your screwdriver or your trim removal tool. Be careful in removing plastic connectors or tabs, if there are any since these parts can be very brittle.

Behind the lamp assembly, locate the bulb holders and remove it by rotating it counterclockwise. After this, remove the defective bulbs.
You can read more at: https://www.rvzone.com/how-to-replace-rv-tail-lights/

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> How to remove tail light from 2020. Rock wood mini lite
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.