Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: 5th wheel toy haulers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> 5th wheel toy haulers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
swimmer_spe

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/21 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I want to tow a boat trailer behind a camper, the camper needs to be a 5th wheel. I'd like to bring 2 quads, the camper and a boat.

2 questions:
1) Do they make 5th wheel toy haulers?
2) Do they make 5th wheel toy haulers that can fit 2 quads, about 10 feet of toys?

Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/15/21 10:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1 Yes
2 Maybe, you want to look for an open floor plan which in the 5er format is a bit of a Unicorn. Are you wanting to put a boat/trailer inside the 5er?

You can start with the Complete List of Toy Haulers

Specifically check out the Genesis Supreme, as I recall the had some 5er Haulers that had optional slide outs, without the slide you'd have an easier time getting stuff inside.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

genesis supreme or eclipse which sells attitude, iconic and one other. pacific coach works has some qc issues as of late so steer clear for now. if your looking to have a completely custom one built then call dune sport in mesa az. they are the only company i have found that actually build custom as in will move walls if need be. i owned a 2011 wolf pack 295 toyhauler for almost 10 years. i really liked it and would still own it but it only had 3600 lbs cargo capacity and that wasn't enough in the end. with eclipse or genesis you can upgrade axles for more cargo capacity where very few won't. grand design will if it's in the G class but they don't offer an open floor plan. wolf pack offered another open floor plan but it was only a 2.5 year run as most want garages as they are too lazy to maintain there toys. i only say that because i hear soooooo many state " i don't want to smell the fumes " lol lol. slides do add room but also add potential problems and weight! to each there own on slides but if your like myself ( and many others) then your only inside on rainy days. if you can find a 2018 wolf pack 275. there a few ads claiming 18' of loading space......that's a lie they do not have 18'. they like to count any space you can walk through. true cargo space is full width not reduced by counter tops!
https://youtu.be/OoUy9nuy5mk

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://youtu.be/JPHB0xWqJnM

dsrace

home

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

here is a slightly larger version https://youtu.be/zAHIILlaXIE

souraider

Rogue Valley, OR

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are plenty of 5th wheel toy haulers with 10+ foot garages...in fact probably all of them currently have nothing smaller than a 10 foot garage. You absolutely can go with an open floorplan also...but don't have to.

'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R

swimmer_spe

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Y-Guy wrote:

1 Yes
2 Maybe, you want to look for an open floor plan which in the 5er format is a bit of a Unicorn. Are you wanting to put a boat/trailer inside the 5er?

You can start with the Complete List of Toy Haulers

Specifically check out the Genesis Supreme, as I recall the had some 5er Haulers that had optional slide outs, without the slide you'd have an easier time getting stuff inside.

The boat would be towed behind. The space is needed because if I need to give up truck box space, I need to still be able to carry that quad.

swimmer_spe

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

souraider wrote:

There are plenty of 5th wheel toy haulers with 10+ foot garages...in fact probably all of them currently have nothing smaller than a 10 foot garage. You absolutely can go with an open floorplan also...but don't have to.

So, what I am looking for isn't quite as much of a unicorn as I thought? That's good to know.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/16/21 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pretty much every toyhauler will haul 2 quads. Save for maybe the very small end of the spectrum or mid size ones with a slide out that dips into the “toy” area.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Sagebrush

Jacksonville AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/16/21 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The issue is the double towing with the average 5th wheel toy hauler. Most of them will have no rear receiver hitches, maybe none at all? That would take custom work or a custom build I think.

You can get 14' "garages" even in a 35' TH. Its the open floor plan models, no garage wall separation. I actually prefer them. My toys stay outside anyway when I'm camping. I've owned both types and the shorter open floor plan style suits me better. I do like the rear patio ramp models with the sliding glass doors inside, but you need 40' to make those work usually. Mine with the separate garage was 44' long, never liked dealing with that length though. I was always dragging the rear, it had too much overhang behind the the three 7K axles. I would have issues at some camp grounds and boon docking sites off dirt roads took pre-planning, almost needed a pilot vehicle to guide me! And I never really used the loft bed in mine, I found the beds in the garage to be more useful for my travels. I didn't have people in the truck with me, they would meet up at the destination.

Got a 29' TH now though. I can put in a jet ski or two quads in it, one large touring motorcycle or one golf cart etc. But no double towing for me. I rather just take two trucks or buy a motorhome and pull a stacker.

* This post was edited 05/16/21 12:14pm by Sagebrush *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> 5th wheel toy haulers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.